Msn

Stupid question time.

After you upgrade to version 3.1.0 beta 2, how do you add your msn contacts ?

I also have donwloaded and installed the plugin. I forgot to mention that in my last post.

Sadly, you can not yet. (you could hop on a -real- msn client and add some contacts, then they will show up via the plugin) Right now adding contacts is disabled because it was/may still be broken in the library I’‘m using (JML). I will be fixing that of course, just doesn’‘t work right now. There’'s an open issue for it: GATE-37

Hi,

I guess I did not post my question clearly. I did know you could not actually add a new contact that way. I just want to see my current contacts. I am not sure how to do this. I am using psi as an agent.

Thanks for the reply.

Peter

Hrm. Upon registering with the transport, you should automatically see your entire contact list! (well upon registering and logging in) Is that not happening?

I installed the new server.

Downloaded the jar file (the plugin).

Put the jar file in the plug-in dir.

I can log into the wildfire server, and see the plugin in the plugins page.

I guess I do not know how to register the transport. I am missing someting blatenly obvious … I know.

Peter

I guess I do not know how to register the transport. I am missing someting blatenly obvious … I know.

You should log in the Administration Console (Webbased)

Then you should enable the needed transports.

You found that in the Register: Server in the left menu there is an entry called Settings below Gateways

Check there all needed Transport like MSN, ICQ etc.

After checked you can register in the Menuitem: Registrations your needed Transports.

Or you can use an Jabber Client like PSI (http://www.psi-im.org) to register from the Client.

Hopefully thats right

betamax

Huh, I have 1.0 Beta 5a and this still happens. When (for example in Pandion 2.5) I try to add a contact via MSN Transport, it shows “this can take up to a minute” message and never recovers.

From the logs it seems that the transport never replies to the initial subscribe message…

For the record, I’'m not having similar problems with other transports, they appear to work OK…

Any ideas?

igorz wrote:

Huh, I have 1.0 Beta 5a and this still happens. When (for example in Pandion 2.5) I try to add a contact via MSN Transport, it shows “this can take up to a minute” message and never recovers.

From the logs it seems that the transport never replies to the initial subscribe message…

For the record, I’'m not having similar problems with other transports, they appear to work OK…

Any ideas?

Eww, thanks for the info! GATE-136