Mu-conference with spark and jabberd

After creating a room, I get the message: This room is locked from entry until configuration is confirmed. How do I confirm the configuration.

What happens if you try with the other clients (Exodus, Psi)? This could be a configuration issue with jabberd, but the can’t answer this here.

in psi when i join a groupchat I get the following:

*** 2008-11-03
[10:57:35] *** New room created
[10:57:36] *** room4
[10:57:36] *** This room is locked from entry until configuration is confirmed.
[10:57:36] *** Configuration confirmed: This room is now unlocked.

I also tried to join the room chat that i created with spark from psi and I got the same message I got from spark.

*** 2008-11-03
[10:40:22] *** New room created
[10:40:23] *** room3
[10:40:24] *** This room is locked from entry until configuration is confirmed.

From the chat panel of psi I clicked on the configure room button, clicked on the General tab and clicked on apply and I got:

[10:55:15] *** Configuration confirmed: This room is now unlocked.

Went back to spark and was able to access the room.

It looks like it is a spark problem.

That’s what i get when i try to create a room on the Openfire server in Spark:

(22:32) : This room is locked from entry until configuration is confirmed.
(22:32) : This room is now unlocked.

So. It seems that Spark has problems speaking with jabberd. But it is hard to tell what the problem is and is this a bug.

Is there anything that can be done to find out where the problem is? thanks

I’m not sure. I don’t know much about jabberd. 3 years ago i have chosen Openfire, because it was too complex to configure jabberd for me You can try logging out in Spark and then go to the Advanced settings and check “Start Debugger on startup”. Then you can see what packets are sent and received between Spark and jabberd. Try putting this info here. Maybe someone will find the cause.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

Here is what the raw sent packets shows:

Here is what the row received packets shows:

Bad Request
Bad Request

room6This room is locked from entry until configuration is confirmed.
Room configurationYour room “room6” has been created! The default configuration is as follows:

• No logging
  • No moderation
  • Up to 30 participants
  • No password required
  • No invitation required
  • Room is persistent
  • Only admins may change the subject
    To accept the default configuration, click OK. To select a different configuration, please complete this formhttp://jabber.org/protocol/muc#roomconfigroom6room6The following messages are sent to legacy clients.has lefthas become availableis now known as030110203040500011100By default, new users entering a moderated room are only visitors000By default, only admins can send invites in an invite-only room00If a password is required to enter this room, you must specify the password below.adminsadminsanyone0textxmlxhtmltext

Available1

(apologies for a newbie posting…)

I am trying to pre-populate a bunch of MUCs using spark, and add various additional attributes to the room that clients might discover through disco# (i.e. a supporting wiki URL to visit, the last time someone visited, etc). Using the examples of the spark documentation, I can indeed create new rooms, and do basics regarding setting owners, etc using a FORM, but I can’t find anything about create arbitarily NEW key-value items on a MUC…

Are there any examples, anywhere, of how to go about doing this? I’m off on safari into AdHocCommands, etc.

any suggestions, RTFMs, etc welcomed!

thanks in advance -

Chris