MUC bugs / usernames with leading and trailing spaces or [ ]

Hi all,

I entered " a " as the nickname for a conference room. After one minute I got a “No response from server” error message. The other room occupants could see:

0:00 a has joined the room.

0:10 a is now known as a 2

0:10 a 2 has joined the room.

0:20 a 2 is now known as a 3

0:20 a 3 has joined the room.

0:50 a 8 is now known as a 9

0:50 a 9 has joined the room.

/code"a 9" did stay in the room until I closed my client.

This seems to be a Wildfire bug, but maybe Spark should not allow such names.

_______________________________________________next_bug

UBI[/code]A formatted username like “UBI” should be impossible, but while joining and leaving a room it is displayed like this.

______________________________________________next(very_old)_bug

The client is not able to display the “]” character or text starting with “[/some hidden text]visible text” within a message.

LG

Hi,

even with Spark 1.1.1 the name change to ‘’ a ‘’ (with leading and or trailing space) is still possible and takes some seconds. Then a “Nickname is in use” message is displayed and if one selects “Cancel” then the name is changed to ‘‘a’’ but further name changes are impossible, instead one is able to block or chat with ‘‘a’’.

LG

Derek or Matt, will you fix this for 1.1.2?

This will be fixed for 1.1.2. You can track the progress of this issue with SPARK-236.

Cheers,

Derek

Hi Derek,

was “even with Spark 1.1.1 the name change to ‘’ a ‘’ (with leading and or trailing space) is still possible and takes some seconds. Then a “Nickname is in use” message is displayed and if one selects “Cancel” then the name is changed to ‘‘a’’ but further name changes are impossible, instead one is able to block or chat with ‘‘a’’.” fixed for 1.1.2.0?

Using 1.1.2.5 I still see this problem.

LG

Aaaah, the

LG has joined the room.

LG2 has joined the room.

LG3 has joined the room.

LG4 has joined the room.

LG5 has joined the room.

LG6 has joined the room.

LG7 has joined the room.

LG8 has joined the room.

LG9 has joined the room.

feature is still there, I really love it.

Hi LG,

This problem seems to occur when you change your nickname after already entering a room. The initial problem fixed was joining the room with nickname. I filed this as SPARK-243.

-Derek