MUC history problem

Hello everybody,

I’'ve got a problem with receiving MUC history.

I specify maxchars = 0, but Jabber ignores this setting and still load the history. As I found, Jabber loads history depending on tag settings in XML configuration file. But I can’'t block history even after removing this tag.

How should congigure Jabber to make it sensetive to maxchars (maxstanzas) settings ?

Here is a sample of my code (using Smack):

Room = new MultiUserChat(this.getConnection(), roomName);

DiscussionHistory dh = new DiscussionHistory();

dh.setMaxChars(0);

Room.join(nick, null, dh, SmackConfiguration.getPacketReplyTimeout());

Thank you.

Hey Dmitry,

I guess that you are using mu-conference. Last time I tried it (an year ago) the history management was not fully implemented so the settings that Smack was sending were ignored and the client was receiving all the room history. You can quickly test your code using Jive Messenger to verify that it’'s not a Smack issue.

Regards,

– Gato

Hello

Thank you. I’'ll try Jive Messenger. Is there an ability to set history size to 0 ?

I’'m realy using mu-conference 6.

May be you suggest something else instead of mu-conference ?

May be you suggest something else instead of

mu-conference ?

Jive Messenger.

-Matt

Greetings

I see now why you were talking about Jive Messenger. I didn’'t know it implements both Jabber server and MUC.

Thanks for the solution. I’'ll try to test my software with your server.

Storing all data in SQL server - is a realy good idea. Do you store users’’ current presences ? I meen, do you have a table which I can query to know if a user is online and what status he has now ?

Thanks.

I also have another important question …

I have an external server component written in perl. How can I set up your server to allow component connection ?

For example, JabberD server has a configuration XML file where I can specify component name, port, etc.

Thanks.

Hi Dmitry,

Storing all data in SQL server - is a realy good

idea. Do you store users’’ current presences ? I meen,

do you have a table which I can query to know if a

user is online and what status he has now ?

That data is not stored in the database, to get a users presence you have to to through the PresenseManager.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Hey Dmitry,

I have an external server component written in perl.

How can I set up your server to allow component

connection ?

For example, JabberD server has a configuration XML

file where I can specify component name, port, etc.

Jive Messenger 2.1.5 does not have official support for external components. That means that the code is there but not fully polished and without any UI for setting and monitoring components activity. You may want to download the latest nightly build which provides a page for configuring the external component service. There is no need to configure an XML file…just use the admin console.

Enjoy,

– Gato