MUC Invite

Hi,

I want users to create MUC rooms and invite roster entries to those rooms. I have got this part working fine. The problem is that i dont want any restrictions imposed upon any of the participants in the room. All participants, once invited into the room, should have the same privileges as the room owner and be able to invite anyone else they may have on their contact list.

To do this i

muc.invite(someuser)

and then

muc.grantOwnership(someuser)

This part ‘‘kind of’’ works but a lot of the times i cannot invite a user who has left previously. I do the correct room.leave(); but still cannot re-invite. There also doesn’t seem to be a pattern to the invite blocking: at first i thought i just could not re-invite the person who created the room but then i noticed i can not re-invite a standard invited person. However, sometimes i can.

Is there a means to generate a simple, uncoupled chat room that anyone can invite and be invited to with no hierarchical privileges for the room creator. Is this possible?

Thanks

Steven

Hi

I have a problem when occour the event invitationReceived, in this event I have inserted the follow code

multiUserChat = new MultiUserChat(conn,room);

multiUserChat.join(conn.getUser());

System.out.println("joined in a room " + multiUserChat.getRoom());

but i have this exception

recipient-unavailable(404)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.join(MultiUserChat.java:471)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.join(MultiUserChat.java:362)

at it.uniba.di.server.multichat.MultiChatService.joinInRoom(MultiChatService.java: 108)

at it.uniba.di.server.XmppServices.invitationReceived(XmppServices.java:60)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat$InvitationsMonitor.fireInvitationList eners(MultiUserChat.java:2622)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat$InvitationsMonitor.access$1200(MultiU serChat.java:2525)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat$InvitationsMonitor$1.processPacket(Mu ltiUserChat.java:2666)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$ListenerWrapper.notifyListener(PacketReade

can you give an example of your multi chat management?

Best Regard

Fabio Fumarola