powered by Jive Software

Mucho

Hi.

I’ve been trying to expand the use of our openfire server here at work, so we can get notifcations in MUC rooms of events occuring.

I found the mucho plugin (listed in http://community.igniterealtime.org/docs/DOC-1041), and while I was able to use it on my 3.7.0 openfire instance at home, the plugin fails on the instance at work, which is 3.7.1.

Here’s the exception log:

2012.07.06 10:07:57 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: /usr/share/openfire/plugins/mucho

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.xmpp.component.ComponentManager.getLog()Lorg/xmpp/component/Log;

at nu.john.mucho.MuchoPlugin.debug(MuchoPlugin.java:376)

at nu.john.mucho.MuchoPlugin.getMucServiceName(MuchoPlugin.java:113)

at nu.john.mucho.MuchoPlugin.initializePlugin(MuchoPlugin.java:92)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :483)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :80)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1067)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:351)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:178)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:267)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

John’s (the mucho dev) blog is here, which shows the source jar as being here.

Hi Dan,

I recently updated mucho to work with 3.7.1.

Amended source and pre-compiled .jar at: https://github.com/mavnn/mucho

Michael

Thanks Michael. That’s a big help!