Mucho

Hi.

I’ve been trying to expand the use of our openfire server here at work, so we can get notifcations in MUC rooms of events occuring.

I found the mucho plugin (listed in http://community.igniterealtime.org/docs/DOC-1041), and while I was able to use it on my 3.7.0 openfire instance at home, the plugin fails on the instance at work, which is 3.7.1.

Here’s the exception log:

2012.07.06 10:07:57 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: /usr/share/openfire/plugins/mucho

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.xmpp.component.ComponentManager.getLog()Lorg/xmpp/component/Log;

at nu.john.mucho.MuchoPlugin.debug(MuchoPlugin.java:376)

at nu.john.mucho.MuchoPlugin.getMucServiceName(MuchoPlugin.java:113)

at nu.john.mucho.MuchoPlugin.initializePlugin(MuchoPlugin.java:92)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :483)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :80)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1067)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:351)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:178)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:267)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

John’s (the mucho dev) blog is here, which shows the source jar as being here.

Hi Dan,

I recently updated mucho to work with 3.7.1.

Amended source and pre-compiled .jar at: https://github.com/mavnn/mucho

Michael

Thanks Michael. That’s a big help!