Multiple Presence?

Hi

I am using Jive Messender 1.1.0, with Smack API 1.4.0.

When I change a presence, I see this from the Debugger:

Sender:

away

away

Receiver:

away

away

away

away

It appears that Jive Messenger is sending the presence twice. I have confirmed this with using 2 Exodus clients, so the problem is defintely on the Jive Messenger end.

The also happens when I log out and log back in. The Presence is sent twice.

Regards

Keith

I can’'t verifiy the same bug in messenger 2.0, so I think it no longer relavant. Why do you test old code any more?

guido

Keith,

As guido told you that problem has already been fixed in the latest version. Let me know if you are still having the same error with the latest code.

Regards,

– Gato

Hi guido/Gato

I am using 1.1.0 because it is the latest stable release, and it is currently deployed on our test environment, getting stressed tested for production.

I will try out 2.0.0beta on a test box. Thanks!

Regards

Keith

Hi Gato

I have upgraded to 2.0.1, and I am having a different presence problem. I am still getting double up presence, but only during logon. Ie

Logon User A

Logon User B

User B receives 2 presences (same message id) from User A

Logoff A

User B received 1 presence

Logon A

User B received 1 presence

It’‘s not a big deal, as it’'s only happenning at logon.

Regards

Keith

Hi

Did a bit more debugging. This only happens at the first login time, ie after xmppconnection.login() is called.

If I issue a xmppconnection.getRoster().reload() later, it’'ll send the roster followed by single presence from each buddy.

So it appears the the presence is only doubling up during logon.

Regards

Keith

Hey Keith,

Thanks for the bug report. I was able to reproduce the problem and will look into it later.

Thanks,

– Gato

Keith,

Just a follow up, yesterday I checked in a fix for this problem. You can download the latest nightly build and check if the problem you were having was solved.

Regards,

– Gato