We are working on a medium scale Openfire customization project for our client (we’ll refer to the client as “abc” in this document).
The purpose of this document is to briefly present the requirements to you and get your insights, feedback and suggestions regarding:
- Design decisions (within and outside the realm of Openfire)
- Quickest vs. Best approach to use
- Perhaps, a ballpark estimate of how much time such a customization can take.
High level project requirements
- Allow users external to “abc” to connect with agents representing “abc”.
- External users can make use of their respective chat clients (Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, AOL etc) to connect with agents of “abc”. [ IM Gateway plugin helps here ]. They will also be provided with a web based chat client [ Fastpath Web ?? ]
- Agents of “abc” will NOT (suggest otherwise if needed) be associated with any external/proprietary (Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, AOL etc) services. In other words, agents of “abc” will not have rosters for the IM Gateway plugin.
- Both external users and agents of “abc” can initiate a chat session.
- External users will connect to published accounts of proprietary services, for instance, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com etc. An external user can get connected to any available “abc” agent seamlessly.
- All “abc” agents can initiate a chat session with any external user regardless of the proprietary client he/she is using. This also includes the web based chat client.
Routing rules (as available in Fastpath) are needed.
NOTE: Please see the attached image for an understanding.