MySQL external account creation?

Using the Jive server with MySQL are user accounts created by the server only?

Can this be turned off so we can insert users externally from say a forum database? If so what kind of fields are needed and are the passwords md5 encrypted or plain text? Just curios. I would love to get this going and integrated with my forums. I think I can get a collection going to put towards getting a flash front end for everyone to use too.

I couldn’'t seem to find any answer on this via search. Can anyone offer some insight? Thanks.

Using the Jive server with MySQL are user accounts

created by the server only?

Can this be turned off so we can insert users

externally from say a forum database?

Are you wanting to do this just once or are you looking synronize Messenger with your forums user list?

If so what kind of fields are needed and are the passwords

md5 encrypted or plain text?

Plain text.

Thanks,

Rya

I would suggest writing a custom UserProvider and AuthProvider that connects directly to your forums database to do authentication and load user profile data.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the information. Do you know of anyone I could hire to create such a solution? It does sound like the best solution and most direct at that.

see:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=93085&#93085

I posted a simple solution for creating accouts by emulating the admin console over a httpclient library. It’'s a bit of a hack compared to a custom solution like matt proposed but it works. With little knowlege of java you can enable this yourself.

guido

Dave,

If Guido’‘s solution doesn’'t work for you, please send me an email. We could recommend a couple of approaches to getting this work done through professional services (either through Jive Software, or other Jive Messenger experts).

Regards,

Matt

Thanks guido! that may just tide me over for now.

Matt, I’‘ll be dropping you an email sometime today with more details. I’'m looking forward to your input and guidance.

Cheers,

Dave