Need help, openfire server stopped many times at the day

The errorlog shows this:

Database setup or configuration error: Please veriFyfehler eby im Starten des Servers. Bitte die Logdateien nach mehr nIoruofd marationen überprüfen.

tabase settings and check the logs/error.log file for detailed error messages.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@9f736229[file =C:\Programme\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da ein anderer Prozess einen Teil der Datei gesperrt hat : C:\Programme\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:759)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:472)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:197)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:113)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:58)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@9f736229[file =C:\Programme\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da ein anderer Prozess einen Teil der Datei gesperrt hat : C:\Programme\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck

at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager .java:151)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:749)

… 16 more

Server halted

What can I do to repair the server, its stopped several times a day.

Installed Server 3.9.3

Plugins Provides support for Jabber Search (XEP-0055)

1.7.0_55 Oracle Corporation – Java HotSpot™ Client VM

Hi

I have some problems too with 3.9.3, and on my post, Wroot have recommended me to install 3.9.1 for while because the 3.9.3 have an unknow memory leak issue. Check it out

Not everyone is experiencing this leak though. Though the logs are in german, i can see embedded-db mentioned and its lock file. This could mean that two Openfire instnaces are running and the last one can’t get access to the database. I suggest checking the processes for already running openfired.exe, or maybe it is running via service.

Hi, thanks for the answer.

The openfire starts as a service.

But it has two instances running on the task manager.

Von: wroot communityadmin@igniterealtime.org

Gesendet: Freitag, 4. Juli 2014 12:14

An: Sewerin, Holger

Betreff: - Need help, openfire server stopped many times at the day

Ignite Realtimehttps://community.igniterealtime.org/index.jspa

Need help, openfire server stopped many times at the day

created by wroot<@https://community.igniterealtime.org/people/wroot> in Openfire Support - View the full discussionhttps://community.igniterealtime.org/message/240902#240902

Well, we can’t tell why you have two instances running. This is not normal or usual. Try to find out why this happens. Maybe you have two services installed or you have the launcher running.