Need some help - 'Insert Raw HTML' - 'Submit' button not working

Hello experts,

I have wrote a simple code (HTML+JS) as below.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body> <p> Entity</p> <input id="numb"> <button type="button" onclick="myFunction()">Submit</button> <p id="demo"></p> <script> function myFunction() {
    var x, text;     // Get the value of input field with id="numb"
    x = document.getElementById("numb").value;         if (x == 1234 || x == 5685) {
       text = "Access Key is 'jdjdj3548'";
    }  else if ( x ==  5678 || x ==  8769) { text = "Access Key is 'jyjyj5692'";
    }  else {
       text = "Entity";
    } document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = text;
}
</script> </body>
</html>

I inserted the code directly into a Blog Post with ‘Insert Raw HTML’. When I Publish the blog, ‘Submit’ button doesn’t do anything.

I checked the same code in W3Schools HTML and Submit button works perfectly fine.

Any idea what might be causing the problem?

TIA.

What exactly are you talking about? What it has to do with Spark?

Hi Wroot,

basically, I have created an HTML form and Put that html form in a ‘Spark’ Blog Post/Discussion/Document by inserting the html code through ‘Insert Raw Html’. See attached image how the html form looks like in the Spark Blog Post/Discussion/Document, but the ‘Submit’ button is not working.

First of all, it’s a question about forums software here, so i have moved this discussion to Jive Lounge (which is often used for offtopic or forums related talks).

What are you trying to achive by posting forms here?

This question should be directed to Jive Software (developer of this forums platform). You can register and ask at Jive users community or ask Jive’s support (if you have a contract) https://community.jivesoftware.com/content