New Asterisk-IM version

Hello guys.

After some months away, I am back.

I am writing this post to let you know that I should restart to work on Asterisk-IM in the next days. I had some problems with my server that obliged me to start from scratch, and this is one of the reasons (among others) of this huge delay.

Anyway, my initial idea was to work hard on the code to make it fully compliant with XMPP and Asterisk, but it will take some time, so I will first focus on releasing a version compatible with latest Openfire version and Asterisk 14 (I will probably test it on Asterisk 15 too). So, just after the release, I will need some help to test with Asterisk 13 and older versions if possible.

After the “first release” became stable, I want to look carefully at each XMPP message sent by and each Asterisk method used in the plugin, to guarantee that it respects the XEPs and that the Asterisk methods/events used are still supported. Also, I want to look for better methods/events on Asterisk AMI to make it more efficient and I will look for new features that I could add to the plugin.

See you.

ADDED BY MODERATOR:
Marcelo posted a message that unfortunately he can’t work on Asterisk-IM project after all. So it is not maintained again https://github.com/igniterealtime/asterisk-im/issues/4#issuecomment-451494047

5 Likes

Hey guys, it is me again.

I just want to let you know that I already have a “new plugin version” and I should be testing it in the next week, so, it is possible that we have a new release in a couple of weeks.

See ya,

Marcelo

5 Likes

Hello!!!
As it is possible to download Asterisk-IM plug-in for “Openfire 4.1.5 + Asterisk 13.0.192.18” and the installation instruction.

Hello, I’m ready to help test openfire + Asterisk Free PBX (15). But I have problem with SPARK SIP (DIAL plugin not work in last releases).

Is the plugin released for 4.1.6

Can I help to test the new Asterisk-im? OpenFire v4.2.2 and Asterisk v13.

Thank you,

Has there been any follow up information? I’ll be happy to test against my deployment.

Hello. Tell where it is possible to download the latest version of Asterisk-IM?

Hello is it possible possible to compile latest Asterisk-IM from asterisk-java and make work properly with Asterisk 13 and show toast caller id incoming calls per extension,

it doesnt work for me it shows jtapti error, no setter information ,only shows correct Presence state,

Spark ver 2.7.7 and 2.7.6 works properly after that there is problem also with latest OpenFire Server

I hope that in future there will be more chat and libaries to work for deskphone ,beside XMPP

Regards
Igor