New Installation - Still cant login

I am not able to login to the admin console. I have just installed it. I have used the embedded DB and internal system for

user creation. I changed the word Ture to False in the openfire.xml to run the setup again. I gave the email address and a

new password but still I am not able to login. I am using windows 7 64-bit, i installed openfire version 3.9.1. I have also tried to un-install and reinstall openfire but still it didnt help.

following is my openfire.xml file

Anyone please help

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

joe

en

org.jivesoftware.database.EmbeddedConnectionProvider

true

Are you running it with a launcher? Do you run launcher via Run as administrator? You have to on Windows Vista/7/etc. What error do you get?

I click the button “Launch Admin” and then in the web browser, try to log in via the following link. I guess this is what you are trying to ask. http://127.0.0.1:9090

Stop Openfire. Edit embedded-db/openfire.script and replace

Insert into ofusers admin,null,h667t4fr7,… with

Insert info ofusers admin,pass,null,…

So pass is the new unencrypted password and the encrypted password is null. Then start Openfire and login with admin and password pass.

Thank you for your reply.

Following is the content of my file. Please check, because I still cant login. I am using Login: admin@admin.com and password: pass I have also checked with “null”, still i cannot login.

INSERT INTO OFUSER VALUES(‘admin’,pass,‘null’,‘Administrator’,‘admin@admin.com’,‘001396126470656’,‘0’)

INSERT INTO OFID VALUES(18,1)

INSERT INTO OFID VALUES(19,1)

INSERT INTO OFID VALUES(23,1)

INSERT INTO OFID VALUES(26,2)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘admin.authorizedJIDs’,‘joe@safiullah-pc’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘passwordKey’,‘7ve7M501K7b61cz’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.admin.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.DefaultAdmin Provider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.auth.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.DefaultAuthPro vider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.group.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.DefaultGroup Provider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.lockout.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.lockout.DefaultL ockOutProvider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.securityAudit.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.security.D efaultSecurityAuditProvider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.user.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.DefaultUserPro vider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.vcard.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.vcard.DefaultVCard Provider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘update.lastCheck’,‘1396125606612’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘xmpp.auth.anonymous’,‘true’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘xmpp.domain’,‘safiullah-pc’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘xmpp.session.conflict-limit’,‘0’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘xmpp.socket.ssl.active’,‘true’)

INSERT INTO OFVERSION VALUES(‘openfire’,21)

INSERT INTO OFMUCSERVICE VALUES(1,‘conference’,NULL,0)

INSERT INTO OFPUBSUBNODE VALUES(‘pubsub’,’’,0,‘001396125569695’,‘001396125569695’,NULL,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,0,0 ,‘publishers’,1,0,‘open’,’’,’’,’’,‘safiullah-pc’,’’,‘English’,’’,NULL,‘all’,-1)

INSERT INTO OFPUBSUBAFFILIATION VALUES(‘pubsub’,’’,‘safiullah-pc’,‘owner’)

INSERT INTO OFPUBSUBDEFAULTCONF VALUES(‘pubsub’,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,0,0,‘publishers’,1,‘open’,‘English’,NULL,‘all’, -1)

INSERT INTO OFPUBSUBDEFAULTCONF VALUES(‘pubsub’,1,1,5120,0,-1,1,1,1,0,1,‘publishers’,1,‘open’,‘English’,NULL,‘a ll’,-1)

You should use just admin to login

I tried the login: admin and password: pass, null and no password at all. Still I cant login. I am not able to understand what is the issue

Ok. Step by step:

1. Uninstall Openfire

2. Delete C:\Program files (x86)\Openfire\ folder

3. Install Openfire

4. In Start > All Programs find Openfire Server launcher (with a yellow light bulb icon)

5. Right click it and select Run as administrator (if you going to use it this way (via this launcher), then you can right click it, go to Properties, Advanced and check Run as administrator, so it always will launch as admin).

6. Click Launch Admin and begin the setup

7. When it asks for admin email, enter email, and then enter your password two times.

8. On the last page press Launch Console

9. On login screen enter admin into login field and the password you have provided on step 7 into password field.

AuthorizedJids must also be admin@…

I dont know what is the problem. I have done exactly what you have said. uninstalled, ran the software as administrator and I gave my email address and password. Now when it comes to login to admin console, still i cannot log in.

This is the error I am getting.

Login failed: make sure your username and password are correct and that you’re an admin or moderator.

Do you think i should install an older version. ?? just a thought …

I have uninstalled and installed again. This is now the new file.

INSERT INTO OFUSER VALUES(‘admin’,NULL,‘2eb66bc8e353f4e680d527085e85c55d40be9230168f91d9b936a8ad8e c837d5’,‘Administrator’,‘safiullahtariq@gmail.com’,‘001396199804525’,‘0’)

INSERT INTO OFID VALUES(18,1)

INSERT INTO OFID VALUES(19,1)

INSERT INTO OFID VALUES(23,1)

INSERT INTO OFID VALUES(26,2)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘passwordKey’,‘8QKrf7nlGBrnP0B’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.admin.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.DefaultAdmin Provider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.auth.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.DefaultAuthPro vider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.group.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.DefaultGroup Provider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.lockout.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.lockout.DefaultL ockOutProvider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.securityAudit.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.security.D efaultSecurityAuditProvider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.user.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.DefaultUserPro vider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘provider.vcard.className’,‘org.jivesoftware.openfire.vcard.DefaultVCard Provider’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘update.lastCheck’,‘1396199867226’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘xmpp.auth.anonymous’,‘true’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘xmpp.domain’,‘safiullah-pc’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘xmpp.session.conflict-limit’,‘0’)

INSERT INTO OFPROPERTY VALUES(‘xmpp.socket.ssl.active’,‘true’)

INSERT INTO OFVERSION VALUES(‘openfire’,21)

INSERT INTO OFMUCSERVICE VALUES(1,‘conference’,NULL,0)

INSERT INTO OFPUBSUBNODE VALUES(‘pubsub’,’’,0,‘001396199829584’,‘001396199829584’,NULL,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,0,0 ,‘publishers’,1,0,‘open’,’’,’’,’’,‘safiullah-pc’,’’,‘English’,’’,NULL,‘all’,-1)

INSERT INTO OFPUBSUBAFFILIATION VALUES(‘pubsub’,’’,‘safiullah-pc’,‘owner’)

INSERT INTO OFPUBSUBDEFAULTCONF VALUES(‘pubsub’,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,0,0,‘publishers’,1,‘open’,‘English’,NULL,‘all’, -1)

INSERT INTO OFPUBSUBDEFAULTCONF VALUES(‘pubsub’,1,1,5120,0,-1,1,1,1,0,1,‘publishers’,1,‘open’,‘English’,NULL,‘a ll’,-1)

Don’t think older version will change anything. Maybe some miracle will happen Here’s the link for 3.8.2 http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/download-landing.jsp?file=openfire/openf ire_3_8_2.exe

I’m out of ideas.

Downloading and will try tomorrow on 2 different PCs.

Thank you for your help brother

Try stopping and re-starting the server. I was having the same issue and that fixed it for me, you may also have to put your log in credentials in twice.

Blaine wrote:

Try stopping and re-starting the server. I was having the same issue and that fixed it for me

It was an issue in the older Openfire version (3.6.4 maybe). You don’t have to restart a server when setup finishes now.

also have to put your log in credentials in twice.

Currently sometimes after you login, the page just refreshes and you see the login screen again, though you can just launch the Admin Console again and you will be logged already (don’t have to put credentials second time). But this is not this case, as he is getting the error that his credentials are incorrect.

in my 3.9.1 setup, it auto-populated the admin email from the setup process… which is an incorrect login. Try just using: admin as the username… and ur password setup during the openfire setup process.

Great… I just logged in Thank you Jason

Thank you very much

By the way i am using 3.8.2. I downgraded to this version but was still having the login problem. But as you said that admin as login and password (in setup) finally i am logged in.