New Spark installer for Mac OS X needs testing (LOCKED)

what wrong with fastpath? I would hate to see smack being reverted. Its already old enough as it is!

Itā€™s not loading. Smack 3.4.0 has Fastpath stuff moved to smackx-worgroups.jar and something is not in tune with that in Spark code. [SPARK-1670] Fastpath plugin is not working after Smack 3.4.0 update - Jive Software Open Source

I would hate to revert it not less than you. But if we want to release a hotfix with ofline messages fixed say tomorrow, then i donā€™t want to release it with a feature broken (that some users might use).

Ok, so here is the latest build for Mac (with Smack 3.3.1). It should probably work the same, but you can give it a try (it will have offline messages fix when using with Openfire 4.0.0 and Fastpath should work also). Same installer will be released for 2.7.5.

http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-NIGHTLYMAC-377/artifact/JOB1/Spark /spark_2_7_4_377.dmg

Build with a fix for showing Startup instead of Spark on some menus on Mac OS X http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-NIGHTLYMAC-382/artifact/JOB1/Spark /spark_2_7_5_382.dmg

Hello Wroot, thank you for providing the link for this nightly build. I was able to successfully install Spark_2_7_5_382 on our MAC Pro running El Capitan, and the installation/execution of the program worked flawlessly.

My question/comment stems from the fact that we are unable to access any Preferences; you click the Preferences menu and nothing happens but every other menu opens successfully. Any thoughts or ideas? This is incredibly bizarre.

OSX Version: 10.11.2 El Capitan

spark_2_7_5_382.dmg

jre-8u72-macosx-x64.dmg

Thanks for reporting. This is a previously reported issue from the list of open tickets in the first message. [SPARK-1192] Preferences window doesnā€™t open on Mac OS X - Jive Software Open Source

I have updated this ticket that it is still valid for 2.7.x version of Spark. Not sure if speedy can handle this issue. He is the only Apple kind of developer here

apple kind of developer is being way too generous! a 5 yr old would make a better dev than me!

I think the preference window no loading appears to be a result of the media libraries not loading correctly. I think it all ties to a quicklime library, but Iā€™m only guessing.

Per PM

Thanks for the screenshot

My configuration:

OSX Version: 10.9.5

spark_2_7_5_388.dmg

jre-8u45-macosx-x64.dmg

**1) No Preferences panel here too **

**2) Incoming call shows no caller ID available **(tested with my mobile at windows, it shows number normally)

incoming_call_macosx.png

SOLUTION: This is happening when an extension has setup the FollowMe feature. When i disabled it, the caller id was appeared.

Another problem is that there is no window popup when i choose to Send File with right-click on some user

Maybe not exactly the same issue, but can be tracked by this [SPARK-1197] File transfers donā€™t work on Mac OS X - Jive Software Open Source

Periklis,

I just tested this, and it worked for me. Iā€™m able to send and receive between mac and windows.

Do you see this problem with ALL users or just some?

I take that backā€¦its not workingā€¦it worked with a test version Iā€™ve been playing with, and not the current builds. I think this is all tied back to the same issue as to why the preference menu doesnā€™t work.

File Transfer doesnā€™t work on MAC

i installed JAVA 8 itā€™s working but the issue is File transfer doesnā€™t work

Yes, it is already confirmed.

Please, test the newest build http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-NIGHTLYMAC-391/artifact/JOB1/Spark /spark_2_7_5_391.dmg

It should have preferences and file transfer window issues fixed (by speedy)

1 Like

File Transfer is working in spark_2_7_5_391.

Thank You

Thank you @wroot, thank you @speedy !

I confirm that it works. Preferences panel and File Transfer work on OSX 10.9.5.

There is a main menu (File, Contacts, Actions, Help) that is not working, but for a user is not a problem.