Newbie Install Issues RedHat

Ive installed the rpm. And a ps reveals that I’'ve manged to start up the server.

root 31761 1 1 21:23 pts/0 00:00:11 /opt/jive_messenger/jre/bin/java -server -Dinstall4j.jvmDir=/opt/jive_messenger/jre -Dinstall4j.appDir=/opt/jive_messenger -Dexe4j.moduleName=/opt/jive_messenger/bin//opt/jive_messenger/bin/messenger -classpath /opt/jive_messenger/.install4j/i4jruntime.jar:/opt/jive_messe

So far so good. Now I am running this on a NET based server and not locally.

I cant goto url 127 blah bla :9090 whatever ? so I changed the ip address and try to access xx.xx.xx.xx:9090 nothing just my German browser telling me to go take some valium:

Die Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden.

Die gewünschte Seite ist zurzeit nicht verfügbar. Möglicherweise sind technische Schwierigkeiten aufgetreten

Roughly translated site cant be found.

Now Im a good boy and say my prayers sometimes even but how and with what mechanism am I supposed to get further to the admin tools. Do I need a client.

Am I misunderstanding something or what tests can I now run to see if I can get at the port and I dont have some firewall issues.

HELP PLEASE ! Keen but puzzled.

I cant goto url 127 blah bla :9090 whatever ? so I

changed the ip address and try to access

xx.xx.xx.xx:9090 nothing just my German browser

telling me to go take some valium:

why cant you go to 127.0.0.1:9090? If you are trying to connect to Admin Console from the macine you have installed JM at, you should try 127.0.0.1:9090 or localhost:9090 or machine_name:9090.