Newbie on spark.. a few questions

hi…

just installed spark and openfire (as part of my expriement with eclipse and saros)

any way i have few questions.

can spark be installed in a slient AND with providing a destination folder in command line?

can spark be configured to disabled certain paramters? (for example i don’t want client to disable chat history, nor do i want them to transfer files).

does spark have a status line saying the user is typing something in reply?

emaayan wrote:

can spark be installed in a slient AND with providing a destination folder in command line?

I’m not aware of silent or cmd install options with the original installer or the current experimental izpack installer. Probably custom MSI can be build with silent install options. Currently there is only an experimental MSI built with Advansed installer free edition. Not sure it supports such things. Anyway, what i wanted to say, it depends on the installer, not on a software being installed.

can spark be configured to disabled certain paramters? (for example i don’t want client to disable chat history, nor do i want them to transfer files).
No, this is not possible.

does spark have a status line saying the user is typing something in reply?

It only has an icon indicating “typing notifications” (a pencil with chat baloon). this icon appears in place of the presence bubble (green icon) in the tab of a chat and in the roster, near the contact typing you a reply. Also, in the latest SVN code there is an option to show that icon in the systray.