No admin interface for latest IM gateway plugin & OF 3.5

We recently upgraded from 3.5rc1 to 3.5 (windows 2k3 server), in doing this we no longer have an admin interface to add/remove new transports.

We’ve tried deleting the plugin and adding it again.

Did the interface move somewhere else? Any ideas on how I can get it back?

Solved by deleting the plugin (the interface sait the plugin was deleted, but it kept coming back and windows wouldnt let me delete the folder) I had to finally stop the openfire service, delete the folder from the plugins directory, start openfire, and reinstall the plugin. Everything is back to normal now.

Man, bad luck. The interface was there and everything, but one instance would not connect. We usually can restart the plugin and things will start working. After a restart of the plugin now we get this for the gateway config page:

http://127.0.0.1:9090/plugins/gateway/gateway-settings.jsp

Exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.GatewayPlugin cannot be cast to org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.GatewayPlugin

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.gateway.gateway_002dsettings_jsp._jspService(g ateway_002dsettings_jsp.java:68)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.handleJSP(PluginServlet.java: 228)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:86 )

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:41)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:828)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)

I just installed OpenFire on our server and got everything up and running and I am experiancing the same problem with the IM Gateway. An answer & solution to this problem would be great!

I got the same problem. but when I restart openfire and reinstall the gateway plugin, the problem is still there.

the openfire I used is version 3.5.0 check out from the SVN

and the gateway I used is for 3.5.0(check out from SVN)

Could you help me please?

Thanks It works now

Make sure you are not using gateway trunk with 3.5. there’s a branch for 3.5 compatibility. trunk is meant for 3.6 at this point.

as for restarting openfire, after you shut down openfire, make sure you both remove the gateway.jar file -and- the gateway directory. then install a fresh copy of gateway.jar to make sure you didn’t get a corrupt download. then start openfire back up. =)

Have the same problem. We did a fresh OF 3.5.1 install, then installed the IM gateway plugin by browsing the available plugins list and selecting install. The plugin ran for about a day and then the gateway settings page generates the same error above. Should I download a specific jar for the plugin and manually replace it?

I am having the same issue.

Went from 3.4 to 3.5.1 (posted) i no longer have transports.

i tried removing and reinstalling the plugin but it still wont show up

:_|

I am also missing the real time monitor for Convo’s per min and connections… any thought