No chat history on users from different servers

Hi and thanks @ilyaHlevno!
At first look, spark_3_0_1-20221204-with-jre seems to solve my problem and now save history on 2 users on 2 different Openfire servers. I quit from spark and then reconnect and message “test 5” still exist on history.
I look forward for final 3.0.1 version with this fix.

1 Like

Hi dcrst.

Have you tried new version 3.0.0/3.0.1 on users with a long history? Do you see it?

Thanks.
Kind regards.

Hi @Alessandro5.
Unfortunately I recently installed windows on september, but yes, seems to work

I took another look at the logs and saw an error related to data parsing, you may need to look at the file and make sure all the tags are there.

Hi @ilyaHlevnoy.

Thank you.

One question: could you please write me how I can totally unistall Spark so I can reinstall it?

Because I think there are some other Spark folders outside Program Files.

Thanks.
Kind regards.

I returned. Is very strange. Seems not all conversation has saved on history. Some line of conversation not saved

User profile saved in %appdata%/spark/%username%

For example: C://users/admin/appdata/Spark

Are there strange files in the transcripts folder?
or subfolders?

I think you are wrong on exasmple “C://users/admin/appdata/Spark”. On %appdata% is an system variable that mean in my case “C:\Users\doandesc\AppData\Roaming”. So in my case transcripts is on

%appdata%/Spark/user/%username%@< server IP >/transcripts

…and YES I see strage folders with administrator and mciobotea → users with which I saw problems

It seems I have 2 history: one with name of username and on folder with name of computer. “Lost” messages from preview post is in folder with name of user computer, but not see them on history application

Hello.

I have solved my issue: I have copied the content of all .xml files (in Transcript folder) in new blank files (saving them with the same original filenames).

Now Spark shows the chat history of all users.

Thanks.
Kind regards.

1 Like

I think I know what is the reason, if I fix your bug, then I will break private conversations in MUC … I will think about how to fix it and not break anything.

thanks. I look forward for this fix

I think I fixed it. Try the latest nightly build.

ok. thanks. I installed “spark_3_0_1-20221206-with-jre.exe” and now will test it

Edit:
It seems to work…

All day I dont have problem with history. I tested with

spark_3_0_1-20221206-with-jre.exe

1 Like

Great! I think we will do the release at the end of this week. I also wanted to fix a few bugs.

Thanks!