No Push Notification to IOS for voice and video calls

My apologies if I have missed something obvious but I’ve been stuck on this for days.

I’m using Openfire 4.8.1 with Monal and Siskin IM clients on IOS. I cannot get calls to work on either when the client is not running.

For an text IM, Openfire successfully sends a push notification to bring the client into the foreground, and the message is received. With Openfire logging turned on, you can see the push message go to the respective client’s servers.

When the receiving client is running, then voice and video calls work correctly.

However, there does not appear to be a push message being sent for calls (does not appear in the logs). Therefore the call does not work.

A workaround is to send a text IM first, then make the call - but this is not a good user experience.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Hi Steve,

It’s not you. Openfire only sends push notifications when it sends messages (with text), not for other data. That’s not very helpful in this case.

I’ve logged an issue for this to be improved in Trigger push notifications for other data than messages · Issue #39 · igniterealtime/openfire-pushnotification-plugin · GitHub