Not able to login to admin console on fresh install

Hi I’ve been trying to set up openfire on an ubuntu 14.04 server on amazon EC2.

I’ve got it installed using mysql as I heard using embedded wasn’t the optimal thing to do. Now with a fresh install I cannot log in to the admin console using the credentials I set during the initial set up. I have phpmyadmin access to the database as well as SSH access.

Attached i was able to pull the error.log but there isn’t anything here I can understand

Do you login with username ‘admin’?

Yea I tried admin,admin but it still says incorrect. I tried restarting server and that didn’t work. Rebooted the server and same thing. I can’t find anything in the database that shows my admin login info.

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java: 200)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:579)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:528)

at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:425)

at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:241)

at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:258)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.(MysqlIO.java:306)

Also getting this in info.log which looks like an issue trying to connect to the SQL server maybe? I configured the SQL server during the install. I imported the database from the resources folder before I imput the SQL info into the install.

Ok this is fixed. I don’t know what I did right except that I realized when it asks for you to enter your admin email, THIS IS NOT THE USERNAME lol. The username is admin and the password is the password you entered. I am terrible at this. Thanks for the help.

That’s why i was asking how you login This is a common confusion. OF-395