Not-Authorized while using pidgin

I just upgraded to openfire 3.4.5 and now nobody can login with the pidgin client unless they are VPN’d in somewhere else…

the error on the pidgin side is ‘Not Authorized’. We’ve actually had this problem for a while, and using a VPN connection seems to work fine. We’ve tried upgrading and restarting the openfire service to no avail. What are we missing?

Here is a snippet from the warn.log log file:

warn.log:Caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: PLAIN: user not authorized: apace

warn.log:javax.security.sasl.SaslException: PLAIN authentication failed Caused by javax.security.sasl.SaslException: PLAIN: user not authorized: apace

warn.log:Caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: PLAIN: user not authorized: apace

warn.log:javax.security.sasl.SaslException: PLAIN authentication failed Caused by javax.security.sasl.SaslException: PLAIN: user not authorized: apace

warn.log:javax.security.sasl.SaslException: PLAIN authentication failed Caused by javax.security.sasl.SaslException: PLAIN: user not authorized: ahiggs

warn.log:Caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: PLAIN: user not authorized: ahiggs

now we’re getting read errors when trying to join any groupchats – pidgin or spark

This sounds similar to my issue here: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/166210

So I’d encourage you to check your xmpp.fqdn setting.