Not Authorized?

Hi,

Under linux, pidgin downloaded from the official site works and connects fine without NO authorized error!!!

Excellent! Thanks for posting your results.

The not authorized error is because Java’‘s CRAM-MD5 implementation and Cryus SASL’'s implementation differ slightly. Even with Pidgin, you may notice problems. If you want to eliminate the error completely, you can remove CRAM-MD5 from the list of mechanisms Openfire allows. In the openfire.xml configuration file, add this:

<sasl>
<mechs>DIGEST-MD5 PLAIN</mechs>
<sasl>

Thanks - if I encounter it again I’'ll give that a try.

Hi,

I tried adding that section to my openfire.xml (Openfire 3.3.2) and what happens is, that Openfire want’'s to reconfigure again via the webinterface and then crashes with

HTTP ERROR: 500

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

RequestURI=/setup/setup-profile-settings.jsp

during this setup.

Removing the SASL section helps, but then Pidgin on Linux doesn’'t work. Gaim worked fine

/Marlow

Check the server logs- I think that error means there is a syntax error in your config file.

The problem is actually a typo in the xml you posted: there’'s a missing forward slash in the closing sasl tag.

So, instead of this:

However, that and a restart of openfire doesn’'t resolve the problem for me on a fresh ubuntu 7.04 install with gaim 2.0.0-beta6.

A question, where in the xml did you put those lines ?

And a suggestion, try disabling also DIGEST-MD5, plain should be sufficient if you enable TLS/SSL