Not Authorized?

Setup Wildfire 3.2.4, with GAIM clients.

I can register users, and view them on the server. But all users come up as NOT AUTHORIZED.

Also, my clients show this: Subscription: NONE (To Pending)

Why?

How can I fix this?

Message was edited by: Joeteck

I am having the same trouble too. So I would appreciate anyone who can help. I am also running Wildfire 3.2.4 with Gaim clients. When I create a user account in the Wildfire admin and then try to connect using Gaim I get a “Not Authorized” error. When I create an account in Gaim and “register” the account with Wildfire it works fine until the user logs out and then on again. Whenever they log out and then later log on the “not authorized” error shows up again and they cannot connect to the server ever again. What’'s going on? Any ideas?

I also noticed that it shows an error: 404 server can not be found, but yet they’'re logged in…

Very confused…

The server shows that they are online, but yet no one can talk to each other…

Yeah, this problem is DRIVING me crazy. The old version of Wildfire worked great, but I can’‘t find how to download that one anymore. I’'ve spent hours trying to figure out this error:

java.net.UnknownHostException: flare-bae

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outg oingServerSession.java:142)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:199)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:184)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

For some reason it thinks that every person I try to send a message is a hostname. I’‘m wondering if this could be a problem with GAIM having a protocol that wildfire won’‘t recognize? I have the same symptoms as you, but can’‘t figure out why this problem occurs. I can send a message from the server and it works fine, I just can’'t send a message from my client.

Yeah, this problem is DRIVING me crazy. The old version of Wildfire worked great, but I can’‘t find how to download that one anymore. I’'ve spent hours trying to figure out this error:

java.net.UnknownHostException: flare-bae

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outg oingServerSession.java:142)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:199)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:184)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

For some reason it thinks that every person I try to send a message is a hostname. I’‘m wondering if this could be a problem with GAIM having a protocol that wildfire won’‘t recognize? I have the same symptoms as you, but can’‘t figure out why this problem occurs. I can send a message from the server and it works fine, I just can’'t send one from a client.

I have confirmed this problem also. I have contacted support andthey claim they are looking into it. But it would be nice if they would confirm that here too…

I have also found out that GAIM(Pidgin now) will be releasing v2.0.0 laterthis week or 1st next week. This could also finx this problem.

http://pidgin.im/

I rolled back to 1.5.0 and everything worked great.

I’‘m also having this exact same problem. I was previously using Adium on OS X, but as soon as I switched to Ubuntu I couldn’'t log in with Psi, Kopete, or GAIM. Upon logging in, this is what I see go across the wire (some fields changed for security reasons):

<?xml version=“1.0”?>

<stream:stream xmlns:stream=“http://etherx.jabber.org/streams” xmlns=“jabber:client” to=“xmpp.myserver.com” >

<?xml version=’‘1.0’’ encoding=’‘UTF-8’’?><stream:stream xmlns:stream=“http://etherx.jabber.org/streams” xmlns=“jabber:client” from=“xmpp.myserver.com” id=“a5ffa616” xml:lang=“en”>

<iq type=“get” id=“auth_1” to=“xmpp.myserver.com” >

<query xmlns=“jabber:iq:auth”>

<username>myusername</username>

</query>

</iq>

<stream:error>

<not-authorized xmlns=“urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams”/>

</stream:error>

Totally bizarre. I even had one of our administrators delete my account and then recreate it (using the web interface) and it still does the same thing. Are you guys seeing the same thing?

For whatever reason Gaim 2.0.6Beta does not work with the latest Openfire. I reverted to Gaim 1.5 and everything works great again. I don’'t know enough about the innards of either to know which piece of software has the bug. Does anyone else know how to track down this bug?

To me the error seems somewhat OpenFire related. Perhaps GAIM did something to the account which made OpenFire angry, but I can’‘t connect no matter what client I try. The XML which I included with my post shows that it doesn’‘t even give me a chance to send a password to the server-- once it gets my username it says I’'m not authorized.

I also deleted and recreated the account and I still have the same problem.

Look in the server logs and see if you are getting an error related to SASL and MD5. Something between the libsasl (cyrus sasl) and SASL code in openfire?

on FC6 you could force the removal of cyrus-sasl-md5, restart gaim and this went away. I don’'t think I can do this under ubuntu/kubuntu easily without breaking other things.

-Allen

asmith@offermatica.con wrote:

on FC6 you could force the removal of cyrus-sasl-md5, restart gaim and this went away.

On Fedora 6,

rpm -e cyrus-sasl-md5

and a restart did fix this problem for me with gaim/pidgin not being able to log in. In my case, there were no dependencies on cyrus-sasl-md5.

Removing sasl in Ubuntu was NOT good - tried to remove half the apps.

What I found:

Openfire331 + Gaim 200-beta6 (feisty default) = not authorized

Wildfire311 + Gaim 200-beta6 (feisty default) = not authorized

Wildfire311 + Gaim 200-beta3 (from edgy repos) = OK

From this I believe the problem was introduced in Gaim200-beta6, but I can’‘t say for sure because I did not try beta3 with Openfire331. It’‘s working now so I’'m not going to mess with it!

I downgraded gaim in Feisty by removing gaim and gaim-data, adding these repos, and temporarily disabling the feisty repo…

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy main

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy-security main

Hi,

I’'ve upgraded my server to 3.3.1… my clients use gaim 2.0.0 beta 6 under win and linux… and the same error…Not authorized…

Is there any solution? I can not downgrade my clients.

Best regards

Out of curiosity, what server/client versions were you using before you upgraded? (I assume the previous combination didn’'t have this problem?)

I tried a bunch of configs and the only success I had besides downgrading gaim was if the server’'s domain was its IP address, and all the clients used the IP address as the server name (this was on a LAN). (I also deleted and recreated the server keys - maybe that helped.) In that case, Gaim 2.0.0-beta6 would connect. However, if for any reason the client was disconnected or chose to disconnect, Gaim would then start producing the “not authorized” error upon reconnect attempts until Gaim was completely quit and restarted. This was on Ubuntu with Openfire 331.

Hi,

Since… 2 months or less There are 2.06 beta gaim windows/linux installed with 3.1.1 and worked fine.

Yesterday I upgraded to 3.3.1 and nothing.

Strange… I couldn’'t get 311 to work any better than 331 with beta6.

One other option I didn’‘t try yet… Pidgin (aka Gaim) is supposedly out of beta. Maybe the latest version has this fixed. I didn’'t try it yet because I doubt it was addressed, but it may be worth a shot.

I’'ll try now… and post results ok?

Thanks… I’'m interested to know the results. I stopped testing anything further once I got a combination that worked - my mental health state being what it was.