Not getting Presence updates or Messages

Hi,

Sorry if this is not the right place, but I don’t know where else to turn. I am using the latest Openfire + Kraken to connect to GTalk and MSN. Discovery and Registration work fine, but I am not getting any Presence updates, and I don’t know if this is an Openfire issue or a Kraken issue. And yes I have posted my questions at the Kraken forum, but have received little to no help at all. That place is as dead as the moon… It’s very frustrating…

Here is what I see in my Debug logs:

2010.04.12 22:14:24 gtalk: Sending packet: away

2010.04.12 22:14:24 XMPP: Presence changed detected type available and mode away for friend@gmail.com/iGoogle13FEB2D9
2010.04.12 22:14:24 Updating status [away,] for {Buddy: friend\40gmail.com@gtalk.server.local (Nickname: Friend) (Groups: null)}

It seems as if I’m supposed to be getting that presence packet, but the fact is I am not receiving it on the client side. I am using Beep library for mobile phones. I have used this library to connect to talk.google.com directly without any problems whatsoever, so I’m sure the library is working fine at least for the basic functionalities.

The only Presence update that I consistently get on the client side is this:

I have tried 2 server installations. One on OSX and one on Windows, both with this same issue.

So is this an Openfire issue or is it a Kraken issue? What should I do to fix it?

Thanks a lot for ANY help and any REPLY.

anyone?

I just did another test using the Send Message tool under Sessions -> Tools

I sent 3 messages in a row:

testing1

testing2

testing3

The only one I’m getting is testing1. I did not get the rest. I did this test 3 times all with the same results. Please help! Thank you very much.

anyone at all??

Hi,

your post is a little bit complicated. I didn’t get who (Beep library connected to Openfire?) sends presence updates or messages and who is not receiving or accepting them (GTalk server?). How do you verify that the packets are lost?

LG

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Beep is the XMPP library I am using to build my chat client. Beep is a simplified, mobile version of Smack.

Kraken is the Gateway plugin I installed on Openfire that I use to connect to MSN, GTalk, etc etc. Thus you see the “gtalk” line there.

My chat client is not receiving any messages from Openfire. Forget Kraken at the moment. I logged on to Openfire, and as I have said before I did a simple test using the Send Message tool under Session -> Tools. Supposedly this broadcasts a message to ALL online users. I sent 3 messages using said tool:

testing1

testing2

testing3

As I have said before, I only got the first message, “testing1”. The other 2 are swallowed by a black hole somewhere. I did this test 3 times with the same results.

I verify the packets are lost simply by the fact that they are not arriving at my client. There are no exceptions, no nothing. Messages “testing2” and “testing3” are simply gone. I know my client is working fine because when I connect to GTalk directly through talk.google.com everything works fine.

Thanks a lot.

Btw, are there any moderators that keep an eye on this forum? Sorry to sound rude, but it’s like pulling teeth to get any help around here…

Hi,

you may want to enable the audit log ( http://example.com:9090/audit-policy.jsp ). This should show you that the messages are sent to the client and they look like:

<packet xmlns="http://www.jivesoftware.org" streamID="..." status="auth" timestamp="...">
    <message xmlns="" from="example.com">
        <body>test1</body>
    </message>
</packet>

LG

PS: There are no mods, and I really wonder what they should do.

Thanks a lot for your help. I’ll give that a try. Meanwhile, I started getting these exceptions:

Could not route packet

org.jivesoftware.openfire.PacketException: Cannot route packet of type IQ or Presence to bare JID:

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.jav a:217)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:189)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:70)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:76)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:57)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.sendPacket(Interna lComponentManager.java:262)

at net.sf.kraken.BaseTransport.sendPacket(BaseTransport.java:1840)

at net.sf.kraken.protocols.xmpp.XMPPListener.presenceChanged(XMPPListener.java:204 )

at org.jivesoftware.smack.Roster.fireRosterPresenceEvent(Roster.java:627)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.Roster.access$600(Roster.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.Roster$PresencePacketListener.processPacket(Roster.java: 766)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$ListenerWrapper.notifyListener(PacketReader .java:819)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$ListenerNotification.run(PacketReader.java: 799)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Anyone know what this means?

PS: No mods? How awesome -___-