Hi all! Download and install version 3.0 from 29/06/2006, integrated with the domain. On client Pandion has applied a patch, but it all the same does not wish to be connected I use NTLM.
In a server broad gully warn.log such line is written:
2006.07.02 14:04:26 Client wants to do a MECH we don’'t support: ‘‘NTLM’’[/i]
Client log is written:
EVNT: Connecting to jabber
I Ask the help for the decision of the given problem.
Did you modify the source for Wildfire? It does not support NTLM out of the box. In fact, the server is only stating it accepts the PLAIN method. Pandion did the incorrect thing (maybe on purpose?) and send an auth using the NTLM method anyway.
Wildfire as of version 3.0.0 has support for GSSAPI (Kerberos), which in an Active Directory setup is possible to use. But it is very very experimental. No documentation has been written on how to use it (yet! Im working on it!), but if you can read the source you should be able to figure a good chunk of it out. However, GSSAPI and Kerberos are not NTLM. If you are using the older NT style domain, you will need to modify Wildfire to support it. A few people have done this, so it is possible.
I am sorry - I do not own English in full. Could not understand your message completely.
What patch needs to be applied to Wildfire? You could not give me more precise instructions?
Thanks that have responded to my problem.
What is your native language? Maybe someone here speaks it and can help translate.
Wildfire does not have support for NTLM right now. I know at least one user has added support for it, but other than that I wont be much help for NTLM. Read JM-281 for some more details.
My native language - Russian.
JM-281 I already for a long time read… Initially I have established version 2.6.2, have applied patches and all worked for me in a test mode… Then I have been very borrowed and have not introduced system in public using. About one month I did not concern a server on which worked wildfire, and then have found out that the server does not function… After start service automatically stopped in 3-5 minutes.
Has now seen that in version 3.0.0 have corrected a problem with NTLM and I have decided to reinstall all anew… But now I can not achieve former work automatic login.
I earlier read this topic… On version 2.6.2 at me all has turned out… But then the jabber-server has given failure. Now on version 3.0.0 I can not achieve functionality in any way.
I have updated my libs at http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/dl/sasl-sspi/ to support NTLM in Wildfire 3.0+ for Windows. That should get everyone that was using NTLM in 2.6.2 back on their feet with the new version.
??, ??? !!! …??? ??? ? ??? !!!
??, many thanks!.. Now download also I shall start to test!
Nothing has turned out
At attempt to incorporate a server takes off for a miss
Here a broad gully of the console of a server:
Admin console listening at:
- An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
- EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6d9cf640, pid=2052, tid=1552
Java VM: Java HotSpot™ Server VM (1.5.0_07-b03 mixed mode)
- An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid2052.log
If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
This should be fixed in v5. Post the error logs if you have any furthur problems.
BTW: With Wildfire 3.0, there is no need to patch Pandion.
Did you test your patch with WF 3.1.0? I have some problem, may be because of SaslSspi.dll.
Link - http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=22574&tstart=0
I have tested the plugin. It seems to work fine. I’‘ve also had feedback of it working fine. It gets nuked during the upgrade process, but it’'s easy to add back.
Which version are you using v4 (dll built on aug 20) or v5 (dll built on aug 30)? (v5 got an overhaul to handle exceptions better - it was causing java to segfault - like you describe)
Can you reproduce the bug? (What exceptions - if any - are being logged in the wildfire logs?)
How are your java skills - if possible can you repoduce the crash using SASLCheck?
No, i can`t do something to crash Wildfire like that, i can only wait for this problem happens again :-(.
I have only log that posted there - http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/message.jspa?messageID=132543#132543
But WF logs are empty (that means no errors are logged in crash time) and Windows Event Log is only said “The Wildfire service entered the stopped state.”
m afraid that my java skill is very low and now i cant do what you said :-(. But i can do something with step-by-step guide, if you give it to me.
m to sure what exactly is cause WF to stop and im not blame your patch, may be it`s something in my system cause trouble.
Message was edited by: trk
I’'ve been doing some reading and it looks like enabling -XX:+ShowMessageBoxOnError would cause a crash dump to be saved. You may also have to set up Dr Watson to save the dump correctly. If you can get a dump it would greatly help!
Also I think that I must compile a debug version of the dll (with pdb file), so that I can get line numbers - this will also help.
From the stack trace it is my plugin (it shows in the trace). It looks like it’'s passing a null value to the windows system. (but maybe this null comes from Pandion shrug)
Here are some links for info on how to set the Java VM Options:
Hopefully they’‘ll help someone who’‘s trying to set the parameters on windows (I think on Unix you just set INSTALL4J_ADD_VM_PARAMS, but I’'m not sure if that works on Windows)