NullPointerException in file transfer

I get the following exception transferring files (both versions 2.2.0 and 2.2.1):

Exception in thread “File Transfer jsi_1234249774005385678” java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.FileTransferNegotiator.getOutgoingNegotiat or(FileTransferNegotiator.java:401)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.FileTransferNegotiator.negotiateOutgoingTr ansfer(FileTransferNegotiator.java:380)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.OutgoingFileTransfer.negotiateStream(Outgo ingFileTransfer.java:289)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.OutgoingFileTransfer.access$200(OutgoingFi leTransfer.java:35)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.OutgoingFileTransfer$2.run(OutgoingFileTra nsfer.java:207)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

Anybody know what’'s wrong?

More relevant detail: this happens only when sending to iChat. Does iChat not support any of the file transfer mechanisms that Smack supports? At any rate, smack shouldn’'t throw a NullPointerException.

I can see the issue. Though I would like to know what IChat is sending exactly that causes this. Could you post the packets you are receiving in the raw debugger output?

Thanks,

Alex

This is what I receive: