Offline messages

Hi,

Offline messages works between contacts in the Jabber community.

But it does not seems to work when we tried to send offline messages to external IM users, is this a bug or an unimplemented feature in the IM gateway.

Regards

Ian

External transport offline messages should be stored on the servers of that message services (MSN servers, AOL servers). Openfire has nothing to do with such offline messages. This could be an issue of the IM Gateway plugin. Maybe it doesnt send the message if contact is offline. Though this is working for me with ICQ gateway. I am able both to send messages to the offline ICQ contacts (and they get them) and also i can retrieve offline messages from the ICQ server. Maybe there is an issue with a particular transport. What transport are you talking about? Also, you may need to go to http://kraken.blathersource.org/ as IM Gateway project has been moved to that place and the name was changed.

Hi,

the transport in particular is MSN, somehow when either the user using Spark chats with an MSN user using MSN client or vice verse, and one of them goes offline, the offline messages does not get delivered across.

Any ideas?

Regards

Ian

Does MSN support offline messages? I have never received queued messages when I have signed into MSN. Again the gateway plugin has nothing to do with this. It just provides a channel for messages to get from you XMPP account in openfire to your MSN account and then to the destination.

I’m not using MSN to much, but i know that MSN Messenger doesnt support offline messages, you can send an email instead. Not sure about Live Messenger.

MSN does get its offline messages once a user login.

Based on your explaination, if it is acting as a channel, then should it also handle offline messages from MSN, then relays it back to the XMPP account.

Apparently the above does not seems to happen, seems like the gateway does not handle the offline msg from MSN.