Ofmeet - performance troubles

Hi guys,

I have some troubles with Openfire at all. My configuration is 4xCores, 4GB rams, on blade system. Running on DEBIAN 8.

I installed Ofmeet, made setup “what is possible to set” in webgui of Openfire.

But when i am connect to ofmeet with 3 and more people, i have troubles with performance, “network connection issue”

But i am not sure if is by network, We have beatween sites internal MPLS with 100Mb/s in/out.

1. I’am not able to find info how to increase java memory in “linux” i have installed Openfire from apt, and i couldn’t locate file with “INSTALL4J_ADD_VM_PARAMS”
  2. Is possible to change codec for Ofmeet? becouse actuali Video is in size 640x480 and bit rate is 2Mb/s up/down. Its seems to be much.
  3. I am not able to find any information how to configure jitsi “ofmeet” just in web few options.
  4. I wanna try sip, again blody hell where is a configuration :)…
  5. Is it possible to have here some kind of “Login variable” Default Remote Display Name: Change me,

Always my mind gona blow when i tried open doc of some plugin and there is on or two lines and nothing more :slight_smile:

Kind regards Martin

I’am not able to find info how to increase java memory in “linux”

See java - What are the -Xms and -Xmx parameters when starting JVM? - Stack Overflow

Is possible to change codec for Ofmeet?

You mean video resolution. See

I am not able to find any information how to configure jitsi “ofmeet” just in web few options

The web pages are self explanatory. There is no user guide for openfire either.

I wanna try sip, again blody hell where is a configuration

SIP (jigasi plugin) is not available yet. Check back later or build it yourself from lastest source code

Is it possible to have here some kind of “Login variable”

I am not sure I understand the question.

May I suggest that you should try installing jitsi-meet directly and not use the openfire version. That might work better for you.

sorry i am late with reply.

Look main problem is… that Jitsi is big consument of data stream. so i wana change codec, now i know it isnt possible. only think what can i do is set smaller resolution. Quality of image is horrible… but is most stable videoconference than before.

Login variable:

I dont want in of meet “change me” and becouse openfire is connected to ldap, i belived that there is way, how to put name of logged user automaticali to Ofmeet, without user interacton.

Kind regards Martin

i belived that there is way, how to put name of logged user automaticali to Ofmeet, without user interacton.

Yes there is, but you have to use the lib-jitsi-meet API as I did with Pade. Ofmeet plugin does not make any changes to the standard Jitsi-Meet web application.

Switch simulcast off in settings if you want to use max resolution of your webcam