ofPubSub tables - new data there even when pubsub is disabled

Hi,
I upgraded from OpenFire 4.0.3 to latest version (4.6.2). Since then, I realised that ofPubSub* tables started to grow. We don’t use pubsub in our app and I even disabled pubsub in config. We are using OpenFire as communication platform for our app, it is not server, to that normal XMPP clients connects.

I don’t know, if this is side effect of some functionality that I don’t have to worry about. Or is there any way to disable it?

Hello,

I was running into a similar problem, where the ofPubSub tables got flooded. Happend for me for openfire version 4.7.1.

The log was full with messages from DefaultPubSubPersistenceProvider and
CachingPubsubPersistenceProvider, e.g:
DefaultPubSubPersistenceProvider - No nodes found in pubsub for service ...

The problem stopped when disabling PEP, but I dont know what is happening there in detail (disabling pubsub also did not help for me):
JiveGlobals.setProperty("xmpp.pep.enabled", "false");

Did you (or anybody) follow up on that problem and figured out what is actually happening there?

PEP (“personal pubsub”) services are automatically created for users, and that appears to happen in some instances even if the PEP service is disabled. Arguably, this should be allowed when the Pubsub service is disabled, but this should not happen when the PEP service is disabled, I think. I have raised a new bug for this: [OF-2417] - Ignite Realtime Jira