Old variable problem resurfaces in 3.3.1. Help

In the previous releases of wildfire and openfire as of 3.2.4 the wildfireHome/openfireHome variables were somehow not being set correctly and as such, were resulting in the following error in the admin console upon upgraade from 3.3.0 to 3.3.1

Home not found. Define system property “openfireHome” or create and add the openfire_init.xml file to the classpath

I’'ve checked the openfire.sh file and the /etc/sysconfig/openfire entries. All appears to be correct with respect to the openfireHome variable. To be sure that the variable was being passed correctly, I added the following line in the /etc/init.d/openfire startup script.

<-SNIP->

start() {

OLD_PWD=pwd

cd $OPENFIRE_LOGDIR

1. Start daemons.

echo -n "Starting openfire: "

echo “The openfireHome variable is set to $OPENFIRE_HOME” <----NEW LINE

<-SNIP->

This produced the expected result.

service openfire stop

Shutting down openfire:

service openfire start

Starting openfire: The openfireHome variable is set to /opt/openfire

I can’‘t see where the problem is, but it’'s preventing me from upgrading. Any help would be appreciated.

I am experiencing the same problem. Although the users have all reconnected. But the final setup part of the web interface will not complete. I’'m not understanding what needs to be fixed here.

NOTE: If you were already using your /etc/sysconfig/openfire file before, or your openfire.xml file indicates that the openfire user and group are jive, then the new RPM’‘s daemon ownership will cause the above mentioned behavior. Something that hadn’'t occured to me at the time. While I can certainly offer no compelling reason for this behavior to revert back to the user jive from the new delegated user daemon, this was a bit of a pain and perhaps warrants just a footnote in the upgrade process ie.

"If your insistant on running openfire as user jive ,or are uninterested in modifying your existing setup, be sure to run the following command before starting (change to reflect your environment)

chown -R jive:jive /opt/openfire

"