On Gateway 1.1.1 and 1.1.2, adding contacts causes spark crash

Hello

I have some troubles since I update to IM Gateway 1.1.1 2 (MSN) servers where use Openfire and Spark 2.5.5.

1. When some outside contact send a MSN invitation, Spark inmediatly crash and users have to start it again

2. When some inside user send a MSN invitation to a outside contact, the destination roaster group dissapear and his transport goes offline and they have to insert again transport info account on Spark.

This weekend I start to try with 1.1.2 but nope, it? the same.

Any suggestion?

PD: I have found since 1.1.1 the offline users issue have fixed.

What do you mean when you refer to MSN invitation? Is this related to a multi-user chat or something else?

(I see that you titled the thread with “adding contacts causes spark crash”, but I’m not exactly sure how the term invitation fits in)

I refeer to send an invitation to add contact. Send and Receive adding contacts invitations

I just tried it both ways and I can not duplicate this. It might help to know what version of Spark, what version of Java you are running openfire under, and also if you could enable debug logging in openfire and send me the logs that are occuring when spark crashes that might help. I imagine there might be some useful Spark logs as well but I don’t really know how you get at them.

I get this in openfire logs, using java 1.5.0 on Debian Etch 40 java.lang.ClassCastException: org.xmpp.packet.Presence
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(InterceptorManager.java:227)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:67)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:75)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:56)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.sendPacket(InternalComponentManager.java:186)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.sendPacket(BaseTransport.java:1740)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.roster.TransportBuddyManager.sendPacket(TransportBuddyManager.java:223)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.roster.TransportBuddy.setPresenceAndStatus(TransportBuddy.java:381)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.msn.MSNListener.contactStatusChanged(MSNListener.java:205)
at net.sf.jml.impl.AbstractMessenger.fireContactStatusChanged(AbstractMessenger.java:232) And this from Spark 2.5.6
09-sep-2007 16:25:43 org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error
GRAVE: Unable to add new entry ruri_himura01\40hotmail.com@msn.pepito.serveftp.com
No response from the server.:
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.Roster.createEntry(Roster.java:249)
        at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.SubscriptionDialog.addEntry(SubscriptionDialog.java:305)
        at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.SubscriptionDialog.addEntry(SubscriptionDialog.java:274)
        at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.SubscriptionDialog.access$400(SubscriptionDialog.java:54)
        at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.SubscriptionDialog$2.actionPerformed(SubscriptionDialog.java:194)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:272)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6038)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3260)
        at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5803)
        at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2058)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4410)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2116)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4240)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4322)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3986)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3916)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2102)
        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2429)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:273)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:183)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:173)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:168)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:160)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not connected to server.
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.sendPacket(XMPPConnection.java:665)
        at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.SubscriptionDialog$2.actionPerformed(SubscriptionDialog.java:198)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:272)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6038)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3260)
        at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5803)
        at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2058)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4410)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2116)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4322)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3986)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3916)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2102)
        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2429)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:273)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:183)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:173)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:168)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:160)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)

Jadestorm, there is a way to show you what is happening on my servers on production?

jeffreysteve at gmail

This issue caontenues and is going worse

I hope your answer

The logs you pasted here didn’t show me anything. I mean… if you are comfortable with it I could log into your admin console and look around but that’s not entirely secure to give out your password to me. ;D

Jadestorm I have send you a mail with this information.

Thanks

Hi! There appears to be some plugin that’s not part of standard Openfire that’s causing most of the problems:

org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.MySQLStore

I have no idea what that is … it’s not showing up in the plugins interface as far as I can tell. It’s not the same as the standard mysql functionality of Openfire (which I use extensively) and whatever it is, it’s not handling a lot of traffic going through it well and throwing a lot of null pointer exceptions. Judging from what I’m seeing, this is what’s causing the disconnections. (there’s null pointer exceptions, class cast exceptions, and a couple of other little isms that it seems to be causing) Any idea what this ‘plugin’ is?

Also, my theory as to why this is only happening with MSN is that MSN has a different contact style than the others. It’s contacts look like e-mail addresses so your contacts end up looking something like:

jadestorm\40nc.rr.com@msn.yourserver.org

It’s possible that this mysqlstore plugin doesn’t like that and is getting confused.

(of course, the gtalk and xmpp plugins would have the same problem if that’s the case, have you been using them at all?)

Hello

I have install a fresh Openfire, onlywith im gateway plugin (1.1.2), not more else, and the issue perssit. I get the log inf, check it out:

2007.09.17 03:43:15 org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.java: 128) Error interno en el servidor

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.msn.MSNSession.updateContact(MSNSes sion.java:314)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.roster.TransportBuddy.setNicknameAndGroups(Tr ansportBuddy.java:251)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.contactUpdated(BaseTransport.ja va:1963)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.RosterEventDispatcher.contactUpdated(RosterEve ntDispatcher.java:115)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster.updateRosterItem(Roster.java:410)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.manageRoster(IQRosterHandler. java:222)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.java :105)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:300)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:104)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:289)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:79)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:254)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:153)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

I try to conect to another networks, none of them works, I tried Yahoo and gtalk. But nope It show a message a bout bad password but password and user where pretty well

Any suggestion?

Please try 1.1.3 released today =)