One login per user/account

We have a problem where we need to enforce one login per user/account.

eg. user logs in at location a, leaves it logged in. User then logs in at location b, now logged in at two places.

if someone at the office sends a message to the user, the message only goes to location a… and not location b.

so how can we make it so, all messages go to both location a and b? or enforce it that when you login from location b, location a gets logged out (this is the behaviour for MSN/ICQ, etc).

thanks

You will have to add system propertie “route.all-resources” in Admin Console (Server > Server Manager > Server Properties) and set it to “true” (all without quotes). This will route messages to all resources (in your case to both) with the same highest priority. So you will need to set same priorities in both clients.

To make first client to logoff you should change settings in Server > Server Settings > Resource Policy (e.g. Always Kick).

in my case the latter is preferable (if the 2nd connects then it kicks the first).

as you suggested I have gone to “To make first client to logoff you should change settings in Server > Server Settings > Resource Policy (e.g. Always Kick).”

and I have found that the option to “Always Kick” is selected and I have tested the behaviour and it most defiantly does not work.

is it time to file a bug report or is there something else we can look at first?

Thanks

ah, I see the problem now.

after doing some reading

its all not as simple as I thought, the machine I have at location at is a PC using miranda and the machine at location b, is mac os 10.5 using adium. So for both of these connections even thou its the same account, they are different resources.

Miranda has the option to set the priority and the resources in its protocol settings, so I have just made them the same and now they clash and disconncet.

Thanks for your help

posted answer in thread