Online users appearing offline to each other

Hello,

I’‘ve been trying Wildfire at home and recently have noticed that users can’'t see each other when online anymore.

Both are using the Trillian jabber plugin with status set as available. Both user sessions are showing as online on the server. They can send messages as normal, they’'re just showing offline in respective contact lists.

I’'m not sure when it started but I believe it was after I went to the first release of Wildfire from Jive (I did a clean installation).

Please let me know what information might be useful in figuring out what I’'ve botched.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan

Which server version are you using? If you are not using WildFire 2.4.2, I would suggest you to try that. It might solve your problem.

Regards,

Wmhtet

Thanks for the quick reply. I’'m already using 2.4.2…I upgraded today to see if it would correct the issue. but no luck yet.

Dan

I am not very good with looking for bugs in the log but if you still have problems, please post an error log so that other more experienced user can check what is wrong with your setting.

Regards,

Wmhtet

Here’'s the error log but the last entry is 12/26:

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

2005.12.26 16:16:57 [org.jivesoftware.database.EmbeddedConnectionProvider.getConnection(EmbeddedCon nectionProvider.java:48)

] Error: EmbeddedConnectionProvider.getConnection() wascalled before the internal pool has been initialized.

2005.12.26 16:16:57 [org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManage r.java:107)

] WARNING: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection.

2005.12.26 16:16:57 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:578)

] Database could not be accessed

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:568)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:340)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:134)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:82)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:46)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:568)

… 16 more

Here’'s the warning log:

2005.12.26 16:08:07 SaslException

javax.security.sasl.SaslException: DIGEST-MD5: IO error acquiring password Caused by java.io.IOException: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: damorg

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.validateClientResponse(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.evaluateResponse(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication .java:187)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.authenticateClient(SocketReader.java :312)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:269)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:118)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: damorg

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.XMPPCallbackHandler.handle(XMPPCallbackHandler.ja va:69)

… 7 more

2005.12.26 16:09:53 SaslException

javax.security.sasl.SaslException: DIGEST-MD5: digest response format violation. Mismatched response.

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.validateClientResponse(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.evaluateResponse(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication .java:187)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.authenticateClient(SocketReader.java :312)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:269)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:118)

2006.01.16 15:57:35 SaslException

javax.security.sasl.SaslException: DIGEST-MD5: IO error acquiring password Caused by java.io.IOException: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: damorg

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication .java:192)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.authenticateClient(SocketReader.java :309)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:270)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: damorg

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.XMPPCallbackHandler.handle(XMPPCallbackHandler.ja va:69)

… 7 more

2006.01.16 15:57:58 SaslException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication .java:192)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.authenticateClient(SocketReader.java :309)

… 7 more

2006.01.16 15:58:30 SaslException

… 7 more

2006.01.16 16:04:43 Invalid presence type

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Type.invisible

at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Unknown Source)

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Type.valueOf(Presence.java:321)

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence.getType(Presence.java:106)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:216)

Thanks for any insight,

Dan

Hi Dan

I have noticed that your log show 12/26. I think if you do a toatlly clean install (it is a test machine, right? ), it might help. Also please unable the debug options to see the debug log also.

wmhtet

wmhtet,

Thanks for your continued help on this. The issue seems to be resolved…I did a clean install but the problem persisted.

It looks like this was actually a client issue: somehow, the authorization/subsription to the contacts in Trillian were deleted. Not sure how it happened but I’'m sure it was me as I playing around with the clients. Once the contacts were re-authorized/subscribed, they were able to see each other.

Thanks again!