Only admin user after using LDAP

I’'ve been trying for quite some time with several different configurations of the jive-messenger.xml to get it working with my LDAP (Fedora Directory Server) userbase.

Here’'s my configuration:

I’'m able to connect to my database using the firefox email address book with this:

Hostname: example.host.name.com

Base DN: dc=example,dc=host,dc=name,dc=com

Port Number: 389

If my syntax is correct for the host part the only thing I can think is that my adminDN could be wrong or else I’'m missing something else. I used a basic install of Fedora Directory Server.

When I run through the jive messenger configuration I click through all of the defaults, add my admin account and password and when I log in all I get under User Summary is my admin account.

The only thing I see that’'s odd is your “adminDN” should have the full DN not just the cn of the account:

e.g.

CN=imadmin,OU=Users,DC=doamin,DC=com

For I’'ve tried:

cn=admin,dc=host,dc=example,dc=com

cn=admin,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com

cn=admin,ou=example.com,o=NetscapeRoot

uid=admin,ou=administrators,ou=topologymanagement,o=netscaperoot

cn=Configuration Administrators, ou=Groups, ou=TopologyManagement, o=NetscapeRoot

cn=admin, ou=TopologyManagement, o=NetscapeRoot

cn=Server Group, cn=host.example.com, ou=example.com, o=NetscapeRoot

cn=admin-serv-host, cn=Fedora Administration Server, cn=Server Group, cn=host.example.com, ou=example.com, o=NetscapeRoot

ou=Admimn, ou=Global Preferences, ou=example.com, o=NetscapeRoot

cn=Fedora Administration Server, cn=Server Group, cn=host.example.com, ou=example.com, o=NetscapeRoot

These were all the references to ‘‘admin’’ that I found in my exported ldif file.

the only bind DN I found was

nsBindDN: cn=admin