Only login with registered nickname (Psi)

I’‘m trying to join group chat with Psi and with one of my local test users. It works fine then only “Make room Members-only” is selected. It lets in only members, with any nickname. But when i add “Only login with registered nickname” it refuses to let me in. At first i thought it may be because some of my users has only usernames. But these happens when i’'m trying existing Nicknames too.

One more. When i add someone to the list of members, this user gets blank message from server with attachment: chat@conference.server Is it normal? can i disable this?

Have tried only with Psi.

So what is this registered nickname? I thought it should be a Name i give to a user when creating it. Or is it a name that user enter when registering with room?

Hey wroot,

The registered nickname is the nickname that you used when you registered with the room. So your last question is correct. Let me know if you are having problems with this new feature.

Regards,

– Gato

hm… it’'s tricky. So i have created new room. “Allow Users to register with the room” is selected. But register button is greyed in Psi and Exodus when i point the room. This button is not provided for registering with rooms?

Second one, as i understand “Allow Users to register with the room” is logically connected with “Make Room Members-only” option? So, should it be nested with it? Because now it’‘s rather confusing. I’‘m presuming that when “Allow Users to register with the room” is selected i’‘m able to register with the room, but i’‘m not. I’'ll be able to do it only when “Make Room Members-only” is selected too.

And the last one. It seems this feature is not fitting me yet. I want to be able to make my users join room with nicknames as their Names (i mean Name that was given when creating user). After registering with the room i see a line in Members list:

username@server (registerednickname)

Can i be able to add users to members list in Admin Console and enter registerednickname. Or can it take this registerednickname automaticly form User Properties Name value when i add some JID to members list?

Hey wroot,

So many questions.

hm… it’'s tricky. So i have created new room. "Allow

Users to register with the room" is selected. But

register button is greyed in Psi and Exodus when i

point the room. This button is not provided for

registering with rooms?

Remember that many of the features that we added are not MUC standards so don’‘t expect clients to follow them. More precisely, the client does not have a way to figure out if registration is disabled or not so my guess is that is why Exodus and Psi didn’'t grey out the menu item.

Second one, as i understand "Allow Users to register

with the room" is logically connected with "Make Room

Members-only" option? So, should it be nested with

it? Because now it’‘s rather confusing. I’'m presuming

that when “Allow Users to register with the room” is

selected i’‘m able to register with the room, but i’'m

not. I’'ll be able to do it only when "Make Room

Members-only" is selected too.

Room registration and members-only room are not really related. It is possible to register with a room even if the room is not members-only. For instance, you may disable room registration and define the room as members-only thus restricting which users are members of the room. In this case you may use the admin console to define the room members or maybe a client that supports that feature.

And the last one. It seems this feature is not

fitting me yet. I want to be able to make my users

join room with nicknames as their Names (i mean Name

that was given when creating user). After registering

with the room i see a line in Members list:

username@server (registerednickname)

Can i be able to add users to members list in Admin

Console and enter registerednickname. Or can it take

this registerednickname automaticly form User

Properties Name value when i add some JID to members

list?

Nice improvement request. We can try to set the name of the user (if the JID belongs to a local user) as the nickname of the member when adding a new member from the admin console. Is that what you were expecting?

Regards,

– Gato

1. yes, now i understand that clients doesnt support all new MUC options. BTW, the menu item is greyed out actually and not active.

2. oops. my fault. have just found that i’‘m able to register when i’'m inside the room. BTW, i know this is about these new non-standard features, but maybe this could help you. When trying to enter Members-only room with registration disabled dialog asking you to register appears. When you press Yes - “The agent you are trying to register with returned an error” message box arrives and after pressing Ok exits room window. Exodus debug:

SENT:

1. Yes. I believe you have understood me right, but leave some flexibility for those who will want to enter custom nicknames not just Name value as in my case.

Wroot,

Check out JM-353 and vote for it.

Saludos,

– Gato

Great! Thanx