Open Archive 1.0.0 for Openfire 3.3.2 released

Just reminding that I’'m still around and it will be really great to have this problem solved.

Yes I didn’‘t forget you but I still don’'t have a clue how I could reproduce the problem here

Hi! First of all, thanks for such a great tool. It´s really a necessary function (to know what´s going on in your company). But I am having the same problem as @rwarren and haizaar - even with the most updated version 1.0.3…

Again, thank you and congratulations for the job.

Hawk.

Ok since there seems to be some very important errors in this software I want to remove it from my server. How do I also remove the entries from the database. I am using the embedded database. I need specifics as I can not seem to open the database with any sort of editor.

Howdy, mtstravel !!! I´m sorry, but this is the kind of question you should ask srt. Srt is the developer and responsible for this software. But as far as I know, you should use something like phpmyadmin to edit your database (if it´s MYSQL, of course)… but again, ask srt for help about it.

See ya…

It is kind of directed at anyone that can help me edit the embedded database that come with openfire. I did post the question in an SRT thread hoping to elicit his help specifically.

Sorry if I misunderstood your intention… but I gladly offered you a choice to edit your database. If you had answered to a srt post, he would have received an automatic e-mail about it and may give you a quickly response, this is why I told you to address your question to SRT.

ADDED:

Now I´ve read that you have an embedded database. I would love to help you, but I don´t know how to do it. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Message was edited by: yfclub

I’m still experiencing the same problem, srt. I’m running the latest version of Open Archive (1.0.3) and I’m running Openfire 3.3.2. You can email me directly at russell dot warren at gmail dot com for more information.

In regards to storing the converstation between two users twice, this would be a large waste of disk space over time, and even more so for larger organizations running it.

My recommendation would be to store the actual text of the converstation once in a message table for all users, then in a seperate table you can have an index used by each user that points to their messages in the message table. The users can still manage their archive using the index (mark a conversation as “deleted” which simply removes that users index to that message, added annotations to their indexed message,etc). Last person to remove an indexed message also deletes the text of the message in the conversation table, or you can just have some pruning script run ocassionally that finds and removes messages that aren’t indexed by users, etc.

That’s just my thoughts.

I am loving the ability to get histories from server as well…thanks!

I am using the embedded db and noticed that when the server was bounced, the histories were no longer available. Is this normal?

what do you mean by “bounced”?

Sorry…I mean restarting the server (Win2003 Server).