Open-Even-More-Fire 3.5.1 Released!

Hey Kieran,

Sorry for the confusion. I was saying that we were done with moving the clustering functionality to its own plugin. However, the plugin is not open source. You still need a Jive license (existing Enterprise licenses are valid) to be able to use it.

Some weeks ago I heard about some community members were thinking of implementing clustering using some GPL clustering tool. Since then I haven’t heard anything else. It should be technically feasible to do that. So that could be an option for using clustering in Openfire.

FYI, I will soon write a document describing how to have fail-over using a backup Openfire server. It is not as having clustering for fail over but it gets closer.

Thanks,

– Gato

Regards,

– Gato

Any word on the client management portion?

Hey Jeffrey,

It is coming along nice. I just need some time today to finish it. I may publish it today.

Regards,

– Gato

Hey Gato,

I’m still wondering if it would be possible for us to use clustering if we purchase a coherence license directly from Oracle?

Hi Gato,

Have you finished writing document describing how to handle fail-over using backup openfire server? It will be helpful if you share it or please give some directions on how I can implement it.

Thanks,

Parag

Has anyone tried to map XEP-0136 into the monitoring plugin? The PDF output feature of the monitoring plugin is great and I don’t want to miss it but we want to enable our users to manage chat log archive files that are stored in Openfire’s DB from within the IM client.

The only XEP compliant solution for now seems to be installing the Open Archive 1.0.5 which adds the overhead that the all the logs are recorded twice.