powered by Jive Software

Open fire wont allow logins

ok, im very new to open fire, i have all most all the plugins added:

Broadcast, Client Control, Content Filter, Email Listener, Fastpath Service, Fastpath Webchat, IM Gateway, Monitoring Service, MotD (Message of the Day), Registration, SIP Phone Plugin, Search, User Service.

I setup a few users, im trying to login using “Spark”, i set up a username as “test” i entered the right pass, enter the server, then login, but all that comes up is “Invalid Username or Password”

Now i havent realy configed much sept for the domain, i think thats about it, theres alot in the web admin interface, can someone help me.

Thanks

Are you trying to login with Spark on the localhost or from the remote machine? You said you enter the server. What exactly do you put here? And if you put a server name here, is it the same as your Openfire machine’s name or do you have this name in your DNS system?

wroot wrote:

Are you trying to login with Spark on the localhost or from the remote machine? You said you enter the server. What exactly do you put here? And if you put a server name here, is it the same as your Openfire machine’s name or do you have this name in your DNS system?

im on a remote machine running spark, loging in with my servers domain name.

if you want ill create a test user for you on my server and you can try it yourself, im not much for descriptions.

I dont think a test user will help much, as i will only put a login credentials in my client. Won’t do any magic Anyway. You can create and send the info via private message.

When you login to Administration Console, what is the Server Name and the Host Name on the start page? Also, you can try putting domains IP address in the Server field in your client.

wroot wrote:

I dont think a test user will help much, as i will only put a login credentials in my client. Won’t do any magic Anyway. You can create and send the info via private message.

When you login to Administration Console, what is the Server Name and the Host Name on the start page? Also, you can try putting domains IP address in the Server field in your client.

ok, i sent all the info in a PM to you, also heres the info in public haha:

Server Properties
Server Uptime:
1 minute – started Aug 16, 2009 6:10:15 PM
Version:
Openfire 3.6.4
Server Directory:
C:\Program Files\Openfire
Server Name:
tfd-server.ath.cx
Environment
Java Version:
1.6.0_03 Sun Microsystems Inc. – Java HotSpot™ Server VM
Appserver:
jetty-6.1.x
Host Name:
win-server
OS / Hardware:
Windows 2003 / x86
Locale / Timezone:
en / Eastern Standard Time (-5 GMT)
Java Memory

12.41 MB of 63.31 MB (19.6%) used

When i’m trying to login to tfd-server.ath.cx with some random username, it says username or password is wrong, not the “server is unreachable” etc. So it find the server and tries to login, i think. Though it takes very long before the error, so maybe sometimes connection just times out.

wroot wrote:

When i’m trying to login to tfd-server.ath.cx with some random username, it says username or password is wrong, not the “server is unreachable” etc. So it find the server and tries to login, i think. Though it takes very long before the error, so maybe sometimes connection just times out.
yea, i noticed that, my server doesnt have very good bandwith, but i try to login with a legit registered usrname i made in the admin web GUI, and it doesnt recognize the user, i get the error you get when you try to login with a random name.

hacker991 wrote:

wroot wrote:

When i’m trying to login to tfd-server.ath.cx with some random username, it says username or password is wrong, not the “server is unreachable” etc. So it find the server and tries to login, i think. Though it takes very long before the error, so maybe sometimes connection just times out.
yea, i noticed that, my server doesnt have very good bandwith, but i try to login with a legit registered usrname i made in the admin web GUI, and it doesnt recognize the user, i get the error you get when you try to login with a random name.

OK, what i found out:

can login with the LAN IP in the server entry, but not the global domain, i have all the ports open, but i get the user error when logging in with domain, but not with LAN IP

Maybe it is still not resolving your global name correctly. You can also try leaving your domain in Server filed in Spark and then press Advanced and uncheck automatic host and enter there your LAN IP.

Additionally a new account cannot be remotely created so either this is blocked in Openfire itself or you do not have all the required ports open in the server’s firewall.

sixthring wrote:

Additionally a new account cannot be remotely created so either this is blocked in Openfire itself or you do not have all the required ports open in the server’s firewall.
well, if i was able to login using my LAN IP, does that mean thay there may be a port blocked from my router?