powered by Jive Software

Openfire 3.2.3 s2s failing

OK this one is very odd. I have a second Openfire server in a sub-domain that I use for some of my service oriented and automated stuff. After I upgraded my main server to 3.2.3 I noticed I couldn’‘t connect over to the conference service on the sub-domain server. So I went ahead and upgraded the sub domain server to 3.2.3 as well however I’'m still seeing the same connectivity issue, in both directions.

On the server in the sub-domain I see this when some user action results in a connection attempt to the other server:

2007.03.19 11:38:37 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.ServerDialback.createOutgoingSession(ServerDi alback.java:219)

] Error creating outgoing session to remote server: conference.domain.com(DNS lookup: conference.domain.com)

org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: expected start tag name and not / (position: START_DOCUMENT seen </… @1:2)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseProlog(MXParser.java:1475)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:331)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.ServerDialback.createOutgoingSession(ServerDia lback.java:179)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:349)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outg oingServerSession.java:142)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:199)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:184)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2007.03.19 11:38:37 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.ServerDialback.createOutgoingSession(ServerDi alback.java:219)

] Error creating outgoing session to remote server: domain.com(DNS lookup: wildfire.domain.com)

org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: expected start tag name and not / (position: START_DOCUMENT seen </… @1:2)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseProlog(MXParser.java:1475)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:331)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.ServerDialback.createOutgoingSession(ServerDia lback.java:179)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:349)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outg oingServerSession.java:184)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:199)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:184)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I haven’'t been able to pick out the errors on the other server because its so busy.

Aha solved my own problem. In the upgrade process my script I use somehow didn’‘t copy the database over correctly and I’'d accidentally reverted to an older version of the database.