Openfire 3.3.0 Alpha has been released

After a very busy week we are pleased to announce the first release of the server under the new Openfire name. This is an alpha release that contains very few new features and uses the new Openfire name. This release is compatible with current plugins except for the Openfire Enterprise plugin that needs to be updated. Complete list of changes can be found here.

You can download the new version from the following links:

Windows (with JRE): openfire_3_3_0_alpha.exe

Linux (with JRE): openfire_3_3_0_alpha.rpm

Linux (without JRE): openfire_3_3_0_alpha.tar.gz

Cross Platform (without JRE): openfire_3_3_0_alpha.zip

Mac OS: to be released on March 23

Source code:

openfire_src_3_3_0_alpha.zip

openfire_src_3_3_0_alpha.tar.gz

An upgrade guide can be found here.

Openfire Enterprise 3.3.0 Alpha 1 has also been released. Support for group chat archiving was added. Attached to this message you will find the new release. Remember to read the upgrade guide before installing the new plugin.

Connection Managers 3.2.3 is compatible with this new release.

Enjoy,

Openfire Team

Hi,

I did a fresh installation with webchat.war and enterprise.jar in the plugin folder and got this exception:

info.log

2007.03.23 23:15:17 Openfire 3.3.0 Alpha 1 [Mar 23, 2007 11:15:17 PM]
2007.03.23 23:15:30 Admin console listening at http://127.0.0.1:9090
2007.03.23 23:16:14 Missing database schema for openfire. Attempting to install...
2007.03.23 23:16:14 Database update successful.
2007.03.23 23:17:20 Multi User Chat domain: ...

warn.log

2007.03.23 23:16:14 Error when trying to update to new name
java.sql.SQLException: Table not found in statement [UPDATE jiveVersion SET name=''openfire'' WHERE name=''wildfire'']
     at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.throwError(Unknown Source)
     at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)
     at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
     at org.jivesoftware.database.AbstractConnection.prepareStatement(AbstractConnection.java:36)
     at org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.updateToOpenfire(SchemaManager.java:298)
     at org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.checkOpenfireSchema(SchemaManager.java:66)
     at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.setConnectionProvider(DbConnectionManager.java:467)
     at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.admin.setup.setup_002ddatasource_002dsettings_jsp._jspService(setup_002ddatasource_002dsettings_jsp.java:157)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1074)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1065)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1065)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:41)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:185)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:689)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:146)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:751)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:500)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)
     at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:329)
     at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)

This one was not critical.

On available-plugins.jsp I found out that Spark Fastpath Webchat 3.2.3 was available, the download above points to 3.2.2. Updating this plugin did produce errors

2007.03.23 23:29:22 Error unloading plugin webchat. Will attempt again momentarily.
2007.03.23 23:29:30 Error unloading plugin webchat. Will attempt again momentarily.

I had to restart Openfire to get rid of them. Is it possible that the plugins fails to initialize right if no enterprise license is found after startup?

LG

Windows installer has suggested C:\Program files\Wildfire folder to me to install Maybe it just found old installation keys.

Hey wroot,

That is correct. Install4j has detected your previous setup and it will use it for the upgrade. Remember to read the upgrade guide to make sure that you follow the correct steps.

Regards,

– Gato

So then it will leave old Wildfire folder and install everything in there? Or is your setup wise enough to create new Openfire folder, copy all stuff from Wildfire and then delete it? Anyway, Wildfire uninstaller didnt launch (3.1.1 with a lot of zip version overwrites) so i deleted it manually. And i havent cleaned registry. Well, i have my own upgrade plan, after spending years with this server and going through JM -> Wildfire change i have some understanding of basics that is needed to be done. So everything went smoothly yesterday. It’'s just weird not to find Wildfire in the bottom of Programs list in Start menu anymore. Now i have to look a bit higher, somethere besides OpenOffice.org