Openfire 3.3.1 -> 3.3.2 upgrade woes

Today we upgraded our openfire server to the newest version, after the upgrade our groups that were created were wiped out.

When logging into the openfire console and viewing the users/groups -> group summary page there is a list of every AD user/distribution group/security group showing up as thier own groups now with no users in them.

I am now unable to create any groups, when I try I recieve the following error

Error creating the group. please check your error logs.

Error log shows:

2007.08.10 09:38:41 org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.group_002dcreate_jsp._jspService(group_002dcrea te_jsp.java:123)

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapGroupProvider.createGroup(LdapGroupProvider. java:67)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupManager.createGroup(GroupManager.java:157)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.group_002dcreate_jsp._jspService(group_002dcrea te_jsp.java:105)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1074)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:41)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:185)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:689)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:146)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:765 )

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:627)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)

at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:217)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)

Any help in this situation would be extremely apprieciated!

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

When users/groups are integrated with LDAP it is not possible to create/update/delete them from the admin console. You have to edit them from the LDAP server. If your users/groups were already integrated with LDAP when you were using Openfire 3.3.1 then this is not a upgrade problem. If groups were not integrated before and are integrated now then during the upgrade process you modified the setup.

Regards,

– Gato

Right, but how do we make the groups that we had before show up in the new version?

We have about 70 some odd people listed on our server, so we pre-populate everyone with a list of all contacts. Our information is in the database, i.e. : jiveGroup, jiveGroupProp and jiveGroupUser

Any ideas?

More Info:

Openfire Server 3.4.2

Active Directory 2003

Going to “Profile Settings” the Base DN is set to the OU containing all the users and departmental groups. Test is Successfull

Continuing to “User Mapping”, the test shows users as we would want them to show…

Continuring to “Group Mapping”, the test shows each user as a group…

I tried setting the “Advanced Settings” “Group Filter” to: cn=

No success… I’m still searching but havn’t found anything that realy says how to fix this problem.

Any help would be apreciated.

You need to share the groups from the group management tab. I am assuming that the groups are from AD LDAP.

I deleted all the data from the tables for jiveGroup*

I changed the Base DN to be our BASE DN… not the Base DN of the groups I wanted to use… so it’s DC=Company,DC=EXT (no OU or anything)

I changed “Group Mapping” -> “Group Filter” to be: (objectclass=group)

Now I can see all my groups from the groups section… hundreds of them… but they are not useres… they are actualy groups…

Now I just need to find out how to make a subset show up using the filter thing…