OpenFire 3.3.1 as windows service

Hi all

Is it possible that the openfire-service installs 2 different services?

One as Openfire and one as Wildfire.

I have 2 services after running the command openfire-service /install.

With openfire-service /uninstall only Openfire service is uninstalled.

Or i make something wrong !!

I am sure, It was deleted after Wildfire last version was uninstalled

(Server is Windows 2003 SP2)

Thanks

Kyri

Erm, it is possible to run the 2 services on the same box, but one of them won’'t work.

The upgrade process involves using the wildfire-service.exe to remove wildfire (as openfire-service.exe will just install and uninstall openfire).

D

This is happend during upgrade from Openfire 3.3.0. to 3.3.1. without to uninstall before the 3.3.0 version.

But both services where active and i show in the Task manager processs two openfire-services running.

I cannot believe that was running since the first openfire installation. I am sure to uninstall before wildfire

Thanks

I’'m not sure I understand. On you Windows box, run services.msc and see which services are installed and running.

It’'s possible to run Openfire twice (once as a service and another time interactively).

If you’'re doing that, kill the process of the interactive one.

D

I’'m not sure I understand. On you Windows box, run services.msc and see which services are installed and running.

It’'s possible to run Openfire twice (once as a service and another time interactively).

If you’'re doing that, kill the process of the interactive one.

D

What i believe is that after the upgrade 3.3.0 --> 3.3.1 i have two services running on my server.

i have installed only one with the command openfire-service.

The first service is ok.

The second one with:

Name wildfire,

Description: Openfire,

Path: C:\Program Files\Openfire\bin\openfire-service.exe

should not be there.

I have no idea why i have tow services with differnet names and same Description and path.

Either the uninstall procedure has not delete it or is installed during the openfire-service command.

In any case the openfire is working very well.

Please check only the service installation command… or the uninstall procedure of the server.

Thank you

That sounds like a bug (or an incorrect upgrade from Wildfire to Openfire).

I’‘d recommend you disable the Wildfire service, and if you’'re confident doing so:

1. run wildfire-service -uninstall or

2. Hack it out of the registry/use an Microsoft resource tool to delete it.

D