powered by Jive Software

Openfire 3.3.2 + Pandion 2.5

Did 3.3.2 break pandion support for anyone else? I’‘ve been using it forever,but i just can’‘t get it to work. I can connect fine with Spark. Is there an error log for pandion anywhere? I checked the openfire logs and there’‘s nothing useful in there. I would swtich to Spark if the SSO support wasn’‘t so horrible. I’'ve tried pandion with and without SSO btw, and it does the same thing (says disconnected from server). I also tried tls/ssl/none and get the same results with all three. I was using 3.2.3 before this.

TIA

Yikes!!!

I was just about to update. Did you get it fixed? Anyone else experience this?

Yes, i have the same problem with Pandion 2.5 and Openfire 3.3.2

We’'re using Openfire 3.3.2 with Pandion 2.5 + the SASL stuff and it works fine; there is/was a newer version of the SASL plugin/hack that works with Openfire > 3.1…

If you want, you could PM me your openfire.xml (remove passwords etc.!!) and I’‘ll compare it to ours; the Pandion settings we’'re using are pretty much default. There were some problems with the use TLS/force TLS until we created a self-signed cert under 3.3.2 (we upgraded from 3.1 so there was quite a lot of new functionality!).

We also had some problems when running 3.3.2 on a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 server, as the AD schema has changed slightly with W2K3 - this screwed our user filter/LDAP search, but we found the answer to that elsewhere on the forums…

HTH,

Mark.

I’‘ve had problems with the lastest Openfire and Pandion because Pandion uses Compression by default, while Spark doesn’'t. Try disabling Compression support on the server and see if that fixes your problem.

I figured it out…i’'m an idiot. I cut and paste the <authorization> section that goes into wildfire/openfire.xml and finally realized that it had “jivesoftware.wildfire” so i changed them all to “jivesoftware.openfire” and now it works. Thanks for the help guys!

Josh