I’ve been seeing these errors in my info/warn/debug logs along with a strange behavior I’m assuming has something to do with it. I did a search and saw some posts about older versions and this issue but not a solution.
2007.11.05 11:03:55 Packet sent to unreachable address
<iq id=“0YnQ6-18” to=“someone@server/spark” type=“get” from=“adifferentperson@server/spark”>
</iq>2007.11.05 13:08:37 Packet sent to unreachable address
<iq id=“1oO1b-34” to=“someoneelse@server/spark” type=“get” from=“anotherperson@server/spark”>
There isn’t any network reason these packets wouldn’t be able to get to the respective machines. I did read in another post something about compression which is turned on so I shut that off today to see how it goes. Along with this error I have had the odd behavior of people being online but spark not seeing they are online. Over time after I logged in people slowly started to show back up. I was thinking this was related if the client and server are having issues chatting.
Any info is appreciated.
After shutting off compression and leaving debugging on for a while I’m seeing slightly different messages but similiar theme.
007.11.06 07:27:23 Failed to route packet to JID: someone@server packet:
<message id=“gAQ48-24” to=“someone@utlive” from=“someonelse@server/spark”>
I’ve also noticed in the warning log some more similar messages related to undelivered packets.
2007.11.06 08:01:22 Error or result packet could not be delivered
<iq type=“result” id=“FONEC-471” to=“someone@server/spark”>
Something else to note this is running on a virtual server, I don’t think that would make any difference but something worth mentioning perhaps. The OS is Windows 2003 and database is linked to Microsoft SQL.