Openfire 3.5.0 Release Candidate 1 Now Available

Hi folk! Openfire 3.5.0 RC 1 is now available from the beta downloads page. Please see the following blog post for details:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/blogs/ignite/2008/03/11/openfire-350-rel ease-candidate-1-now-available

Happy testing!

• The Openfire Team

I will begin testing ASAP tomorrow and provide you my list of bugs soon there after…

Hey Man

Do you know if there is a feature on the Openfire Server for automatic log off for idel users? I wanted to set idel time for inactive users. For example, after 30 miniutes of inactivity from the last successful login, the user should be forcely loged off by the Openfire server.

Thanks for all your expert advice.

Radix, there is not currently such a feature. That would be possibly more complex than it sounds like. You’d have to determine what you consider idle to be. Clients often send lots of packets on minor presence changes (idle, etc), there’s whitespace pings that keep the connection alive, etc. If you were so inclined, you could write a plugin for Openfire to perform this task. It would have to pick what it wanted to watch for and keep it’s own registry of sorts of who’s idle or not idle.