Openfire 3.5.x Users, Groups and Sessions pages design

After design changes in 3.5.x versions my Sessions page became much longer. Sessions table is smaller now, so Presence message “Away as a result of idle.” is now wrapped into 3 lines (17’, 1024x768). So, maybe such lists can be redesigned a bit? E.g. “Close Connection” column is taking a lot of space just because of the column’s long name. Maybe colums’ titles could be wrapped instead.

Another thought is that there could be a selection of columns that administrator want to see (personally i dont need Resource, Status and Priority). So this could save a lot of space. And in future maybe we could have more column types, so this functionality would be useful.

I agree with wroot - I think being able to customise the admin page is a good idea. I think wrapping the column titles would be a good first step as well.

You can edit the look and feel individually by customizing the css-file.

rene-1 wrote:

You can edit the look and feel individually by customizing the css-file.

Yep. But we are lazy administrators Also we are kind administrators, so we wish good things for everyone who is or will be using Openfire. And we want Openfire to be great and polished. But the main reason is that we are lazy of course

Ok

If ill find some free time at the next weekend ill customize the css-layout to fix our needs and share it here with you and all other.

But it is a good idea to adopt this into further releases.

scratch head Longer? They’re the same size. (well at least on my screen) Would you mind sharing a screen shot to demo what you are referring to? I’m curious now. =)

While I agree that it would be nice to be able to customize columns easily though, it would be a fairly low priority item that would take a lot of fidgeting work to get going properly. If someone wants to submit a patch that I’d be all over it.

jadestorm wrote:

scratch head Longer? They’re the same size. (well at least on my screen) Would you mind sharing a screen shot to demo what you are referring to? I’m curious now. =)

I mean, visually. My screen is 1024x768 only. So with old design presence line looked like this:

Away as a result of idle.

No it look like this:

Away as a

result of

idle.

It’s not fitting, and it wraps. On the other hand there is plenty of wasted space in “Close Connection” column.

jadestorm wrote:

While I agree that it would be nice to be able to customize columns easily though, it would be a fairly low priority item that would take a lot of fidgeting work to get going properly. If someone wants to submit a patch that I’d be all over it.

Yeah. Patches would be great. So, maybe i should create a jira ticket for that? But this will be assigned to Gato automatically

JM-1346