Openfire 3.6.0a and SparkWeb

I upgraded openfire 3.5.2 to 3.6.0a with no issues (using mysql database, no ldap, small user group). I had Sparkweb working with version 3.5.2 but once I installed 3.6.0a Sparkweb stopped working (I’ll explain more below). When i restored to 3.5.2, sparkweb worked again.

By Sparkweb not working, i mean one of two things happens. When I enter valid information SparkWeb

1). simply reloads the login page

2). that i’m “Not Authorized. Please Try Again.”

Does anyone else have this issue? Or does anyone have an idea about how to fix it?

Same problem here.
Using pgsql, openldap.


At the risk of giving bad advise, I believe you need to be running a svn version of SparkWeb to work with Openfire 3.6.0. Is this http-bind you are using?


Here’s the settings I uses for Sparkweb (pretty much the default settings)

function jive_sparkweb_getConfig()
return {
server: “localhost”,
connectionType: “socket”,
port: “5222”,
autoLogin: “false”

I tried looking through the SVN directory to get a newer build, but i had trouble navigating it


You may wish to download what ignite is using:

and see if that file work any better?


Sorry to ask a juvenile question… but where can i obtain that version? Thanks a lot for all your help so far


If you are on linux, just use wget and then that filename. If not, I have zipped up the file for you to get here:

[tmp url removed]


I updated that file, and now i get the following error:

“Problem authenicating with the server or you are not authorized to perform this operation.”

I also checked my logs and I’m getting the following errors in Openfire

2008.08.29 18:40:23 Closing session due to exception: (SOCKET, R: /, L: /, S:
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolDecoderException: java.lang.Exception: Disallowed character (Hexdump: 3C 70 6F 6C 69 63 79 2D 66 69 6C 65 2D 72 65 71 75 65 73 74 2F 3E 00)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF
at$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent( :239)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$ Source)
at Source)

change the index.html code to read:

return {

server: “xmpp.domain”,
port: “7070”,
bindPath: “/http-bind/”,
connectionType : “http”,
autologin : “false”


*change the server to what your xmpp domain is

*change the port to what ever you are binding to

should work. I had the same problem, used this code, and all is good now; is even a little faster now