Openfire 3.6.0a js on the client side?

Hi all!

I would like to know when Openfire is install on the server and used on a web application do any

javascript end up on the client side.

cheers

Sam

There is no client side javascript installed with the openfire install. It does require an XMPP client to use with it.

Hi Todd

so if i understand you well, no files from Openfire end up on the clinet side?

only files form the XMPP used with Openfire.

Do you know of any commercial licensed XMPP

cheers

Sam

so if i understand you well, no files from Openfire end up on the clinet side?
Thats not 100% correct:

Openfire has an webinterface for administration. This does require JavaScript. However, normal users will (and may) not use it, since only admins have access.

only files form the XMPP used with Openfire.
I not fully understand this question. There are two ways to connect to an Openfire server:

1. Using an normal Jabber client, like Spark, Psi, Miranda, …

2. Using an webbased client, like SparkWeb, JWChat, …

In case 1 the client is an independent program, installed on the local machine and connects directly to the server. There are no “files” exchanged, just XML data.

In case 2 the client is somekind of complex website. The clients runs in a webbrowser (Firefox, InternetExplorer, …), therefor you will need JavaScript, Flash or similar technologies. However, these webbased clients are not part of Openfire itself. They are additional plugins, etc.

Do you know of any commercial licensed XMPP
What is a “commercial licensed XMPP”? XMPP is a protocol name, not more. Probally you mean an Jabber/XMPP server software. Why you need

commercial server software? Openfire is under GPL, which means it can be also used commercial. As soon as you don’t modify the source code, you may do nearly everything with it.

Correct no files are installed on the client side to make openfire work. Any XMPP client should work with the openfire server. You can access the administrative site for openfire from any web browser. The default site will be something like http://chatserver.domain.com:9090. Why do you want a commercial XMPP product?

Hi all!

I want to add a multi protocol chat to my website and i am concern about the licenses

• According to Todd With Openfire 3.6.0a no file end up to the client side (cache) so it’s ok to use GPL v3 because there is no distribution.

• xmpp4js-0.2 is also open source but i believe that javascript like xmpp4js.js will go from the server to the client cache which is consider dristribution.

• What about IM Gateway plugin does it stay on the server???

My project is not open source an because javascript that goes from the server to the client cache it distribution i would

have to make my code available to all my site users so that is why i need a commercial xmpp

I looked at the soashable project they use xmpp4js-0.2 that is how i found out some javascript are distributed

cheers

Sam

What about IM Gateway plugin does it stay on the server???
yes.