Openfire 3.6.3 Stuck on Setup - OS X 10.5.6

I installed Openfire many times before on Linux and Windows and as a relative newcomer to OS X I apparently need help because I must be doing something wrong.

After installing the server successfully from the package supplied on the site, I created the database (MySQL 5) without a problem and ran setup. Then shutdown my machine at the end of the day. Whenever I try to access the admin console, whether through the Preference Pane or through the direct URL on port 9090, I am sent back to the setup wizard.

I tried altering the openfire.xml file in the /conf folder and set false. Did not work. Any ideas?

Also, the preference pane has a checkbox to set whether Openfire should start on system boot. Openfire ignores it and appears to start whether the checkbox is checked or not.

Grateful for any help,

Yuval

If the openfire.xml had the setup tag set to true then it knows that the setup has been run. By setting it to false you are forcing the setup to run again. this is probably a permissions issue, or a database issue. Have you verified that the database is running before openfire (MySQL is set to start at boot)? Have you verified the data is being written to the database?