Openfire 3.7.0 and linux clients

Hello,

after upgrading from Openfire 3.6.3 to Openfire 3.7.0 I have a problem connecting to the server with both Psi 0.14 and Kopete from my Linux box running OpenSuSE 11.3. Psi says “TLS handshake error”, while Kopete just does not connect.

The strange thing is that Psi 0.14 on Windows connects with exactly the same settings while the same version on Linux does not.

I doublechecked that certificates are valid (I’ve transfered them from the old 3.6.4 installation).

I’m also puzzled by the fact that all logs are empty. I have installed from tgz to /usr/local/openfire. Directory /usr/local/openfire/logs contains empty log files except stdoutt.log that tells that the server is running and admin console is listening on ports 9090 and 9091 and that Client Control Plugin is started. All other log files are empty.

Does anyone here experience the same problem? Is there someone here that successfully connects from Psi 0.14 to Openfire 3.7.0 using TLS?

Thanks for any help

Pavel

I can only tell that Psi 0.14 doesn’t connect on Windows for me. Some stream error. Both client and server are running on Windows XP.

Interesting.

Psi 0.14 on Windows 7 connects to Openfire 3.7.0 on OpenSuSE 11.3 (x86_64).

Psi 0.12 on Windows XP does not connect.

Psi 0.14 on Linux does not connect, as well as Kopete 1.0.0.

Has anybody success connecting with ANY linux client to 3.7.0?

I can confirm that Pidgin 2.7 works without problem from Linux.

I can confirm that kopete 4.5.1 works too, from ubuntu 10.10. Server openfire 7.0 on RHEL6.

and so is Spark 2.5.8/2.6.0

It seems to be Psi issue… Thanks you all for answers.